Defecting!

Norcot
This post is 3917 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've only owned my yamaha fz6 for a year and a half, and before that an XC diversion for another year and half. Being a Yama owner for 3 years (the entirety of my riding time) I'm afraid to say I'm going to defect.

I've had three years of sensible bikes and now I want something more of toy than before. After test riding a new Ktm duke 690 for an afternoon and finding a great offer at my local dealer I have decided to bite the bullet :P

Not to worry though, I am still I keen biker and pro Yama so I won't be leaving this great community :)

How many others have defected / come back?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

there's a few who have defected but stayed on the forum Jimmy & Bippo for Triumph's, but YOC is better than TOC

• Like 1

Yeh norcott, your allowed to sample other makes,, :facelick: .. stick around , i "v ridden a duke 990,, scarey" light & powerfull. engine braking is immence... :yeah:

Thanks blackhat, it's nice to know I will still be accepted :P

The duke was something else compared to my Fazer, can't believe how agile it is, took some corners fast which on the Fazer at the same speed takes some effort shifting your weight a little, on the duke it was a doddle.

Ha ha ha. wont last. There was one at work breifly. Maybe 6 weeks before it got chopped for a 600

Vibes, parts prices, short service intervals, tank range that makes my TDR seem like an FJ12. Fuel all over your nuts if you brim the tank.

As a sunny day toy fine but I wouldnt swap a 600 for one.

there's a few who have defected but stayed on the forum Jimmy & Bippo for Triumph's, but YOC is better than TOC

I agree with Tommy.

Stick around mate, they didn't hold it against me when I got rid of my xjr. Oh and the YOC is much better than some others I visit. No real bitchin or backbiting. Some ribbing, but we all give it out and we all take it back

+1 no need to abadon the club ya might get sick of the cost of owning a King Till Monday(ie great weekend toy but not a daily grinder) fast and sell it on for the better bike 660 LOL enjoy the new ride,,, my buddy has 1 ,,fun toy but $$$$$$$$$$ to own,serevice intervals are short as my wr or any other full on dirt bike.

Yam just needs to get in gear and start offering some big tumpers in SM trim,can't even get the 660 here :shakeno: I'd trade the wr for 1 if i could get 1 in sm trim.

YOC is like KGB.
You never leave KGB.
You may pretend ride other bike, but you stills are Owning of Yamaha.

Seemples...

Also: In Soviet Russia, YOC joins you!!

• Like 2

Ha ha ha. wont last. There was one at work breifly. Maybe 6 weeks before it got chopped for a 600

Vibes, parts prices, short service intervals, tank range that makes my TDR seem like an FJ12. Fuel all over your nuts if you brim the tank.

As a sunny day toy fine but I wouldnt swap a 600 for one.

Thanks for the info but afraid I've already got it on order. However these were my concerns too looking at the old duke, the new one 2012 onwards I think, have made many steps towards addressing them. They have done something with the engine and rubber mounted the bars so vibrations are pretty much gone, one my test ride there was absolutely no vibes until I went above 70mph and even that was a gentle tingle through the seat. Also service interval has been increased to every 10000km, that's about once a year for me then.

So I guess it just parts cost i have to deal with. Give it a couple of years at least until its all paid off and I will prob want to change again :P I seen the Yama mt09 photos and videos, that looks sweet!

Im only ribbing. My TDR is no better. I had the same stick from the bikers at work. Dumping a 600 multi for a tiddly lil 2stroke.

Im happier with it now more than ever even though its not comfy, economical etc etc. Being different is the core of motorcycling. Something lost on the power rangers I think.

We will still laugh at you for it though. And as ttasky said.......

'You NEVER leave the YOC'

mwohaaa ha ha. cugh cough ahrm......

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online