Too Hot For Comfort

iandouglas
This post is 3943 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Enjoy yourself, and safe travels!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ride the road from Tintagel into Boscastle. Nice fun little twisties, good scenery and a proper downhill hairpin right as you enter the latter town. Reverse it and you're on the hairpin's inside going up - Try THAT on a Cruiser, heh heh!!

Also, turn South at Colliford Lake (just past Jamaica Inn) and explore the roads around there.

Enjoy!

biker-girl-6.jpg

Please sacha... please dont disappoint :razz:

Oh yes Foams... exactly what I wear for summer riding. Quite like the sound of gravel debridement. :biglaugha: As Cynic said, I don't think they don't tend to be real gentle when cleaning wounds.

We've had some 100ºF (about 37ºC) days here and it's usually not too bad if you're moving... just get sweaty when you're stuck at lights. Then the wind feels extra good when you start moving again. :) I wear a vented textile jacket without the liner and summer gloves for riding the bike. I save this outfit for... :biglaugha:

The problem is, as with yesterday, UK Summer tends to be muggy, humid and lacking in cooling breeze around urban areas, so anything below 30mph (80 if you have fairing) and you bake, anything above 45 and the airflow cooks you. Motorways surround you with steel cages that radiate* heat too.

This is England. It's *supposed* to be a land of dull, overcast skies and fog so thick you can barely see to shoot while dawn-duelling on Hampstead Heath!!

*Convection actually, IIRC...

biker-girl-6.jpg

She wont worry about gravel rash. Its italian. More likely to pull a muscle pushing the bloody thing.

• Like 1

Not had to push mine and don't remember hailwood. Or agostini pushing there's to all there wins or world championships. IMG_00000163.jpg

• Like 1

even tho the xt's fucked down the one side iv bodged the gear lever back on and set me forks as straight as I can

cus I couldn't miss this weeks sun

I go to work at 10pm and back at 6am and do about 10 mile in one journey

so this weather is a dream ot me rather than -15.C

I need this sun

you're a tease... pics or it didnt happen! :babyha:

speaking of which I still can't believe that happen'd ? the one of you foams in your man-kini!! check out the mug shots thread if you haven't seen it, or if your of a nervous disposition DON'T

• Like 1

I also use vented jacket and trousers but it's still hot. At least the Strom doesn't put out the heat the XVS1300 did... Feck me, that bugger nearly cooked me alive stuck in a traffic-jam in Germany a few years ago!

speaking of which I still can't believe that happen'd ? the one of you foams in your man-kini!! check out the mug shots thread if you haven't seen it, or if your of a nervous disposition DON'T

theres another picture of me taking a mini moto down the cosford runway in the mankini... that gravel rash would have f*cking hurt...

• Like 1

We HAVE to see this Foamy...

• Like 1

ata-cid='218713' name='wild foamy' timestamp='1373407561' post='218713']

no we f#ckin don't

Oh yes we do... Pics or it didn't happen remember. :)

yea yea i know what your gonna say

"i should know better"

but today was so dam hot

it was t shirt and waistcoat order for me

what a feeling riding down the bypass passiang all thos folks in their cages

and i was all cooled down

fecker when i stopped tho' heat just hit me

I work opposite a MOT garage and literally two minutes ago someone has just arrived on a sports bike weathering shorts, vest, trainers & helmet.

Obviously a chav.

For me, summer leather jacket over t-shirt, open face lid, kevlar reinforced combats with knee armour removed. At least for pootling around kent in this kind of weather.

I'm in Greece at the moment though (33 degrees, dry, clear skies thank you!) but no bike :sigh2:

You wouldn't believe the number of people here riding without helmets, never mind the rest of the proper gear. I've seen father-mother-small child all on one bike, no helmets, no nowt, at least twice. Mental...

Thought he was wearing trainers, turns out when he left he was riding with Flip Flops on....

Oh yes we do... Pics or it didn't happen remember. :)

ata-cid='218713' name='wild foamy' timestamp='1373407561' post='218713']

Ladies, Ladies, calm down there's plenty of foamy to go around ;)