Can a H*nda get Grouched?

KirriePete
This post is 4052 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Speedo cable broke on the NTV last weekend, was the 17 year old original so no real heartache but ....

To replace it I had to remove the wee Puig flyscreen covering the clocks, undid the bolts OK but when lifting it off, as the tension was released from the clamps the plastic cracked around the mounting points (it's been friggin' cold here since forever so everything's brittle). Shed time - clean up the cracks with the Dremel and re-drill new mounting points, the screen now sits 1/2" lower, but that's fine.

Put it all back together to find the speedo backlight doesn't - arse! Take it apart - gently - find the loose connection and sort it, put it all back together. Test everything, seems OK now.

Front left indicator now decides it doesn't want to play - the bulb checks out alright, so there must be another loosened connection inside the headlight - the fact that the shell was never opened seems to have no bearing on the matter. This morning's snow shower has now stopped so I'll be back out there rummaging around in the wiring - wonder what vital connection will be pulled apart this time? Oh yeah, I'm getting a ticking noise from the front wheel I never had before, gonna be fun finding out what that is.

Somebody please set up a quarantine zone around Grouch - there are plenty uninhabited islands off the west coast here, isolating him on one of them may just save the rest of humanity's mechanicals ........

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ha Ha, who's next to be Grouched???? :eusa_doh::biglaugha:

I'm getting a ticking noise from the front wheel I never had before

Could be something as simple as a stone stuck in the tread or worse.......... a nail head!

however, if it's only happened since you changed the speedo cable and the speedo goes to the front wheel, then I'd be looking at that end first!!

Had my turn......

FFS then I really am in trouble!! :eusa_doh:

• Like 1

My bike wouldn't start a few weeks ago so i think im safe................................i hope......................................love you grouchy PLEASE don't spread your disease my way :biglaugha:

Your not ginger are you? they always dish out bad luck

My bike wouldn't start a few weeks ago so i think im safe................................i hope......................................love you grouchy PLEASE don't spread your disease my way :biglaugha:

Your not ginger are you? they always dish out bad luck

hey, my last missus before the one with blue hair was a redhead, she was a cracking shag but a shame her family were nutters, hence she is the ex...

Dam you Grouch,WTF have you done.

Kirrie hope you get it sorted quick.