Was your day better than mine?

DirtyDT
This post is 4360 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Rode to work this morning. I could smell oil burning and the gearbox felt clunky.

Parked the bike and saw this

bdown1.JPG

Realising I didn't own a Triumph I gave the bike a quick once over. Oil everywhere including the rear tyre;

bdown2.JPG

This is not good I thought so after a cuppa and a ciggie I had a closer look. It looked like the oil filter had corroded and been holed by a stone. I called those nice people at green flag (I get basic cover with my Nat West account). They sent a vehicle to take my bike to the bike doctors.

bdown3.JPG

Off we went to HBC motorcycles where the kind men fitted a new filter and put some oil in the bike. They even cleaned the rear tyre as best as they could. All while I waited. While I was there I saw this

bdown4.JPG

bdown5.JPG

Anyway, was your day better than mine?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Got paid to drive to the seaside with 20 odd pallets, had a bag of chips down on the sea front in the sun and then home.

Ok by me.

Na I've had a shit day too, (not as bad but) just found out i have to stock check 598 odd items plus find 100 odd lost items in um.......2 days! Fan dabby c**ting dosy!

Got shouted at by the boss for talking too much.

On the flip - In one most cunning move, I made over 1.6 billion credits in my online space game. I'm now the 13th richest player on the whole server. Not bad for a Noob, eh!!

A bag of chips on the sea front is winning so far. I could murder a bag now.

At least I got home a little early, cleaned the bike, adjusted and lubed the chain and pumped the tyres up.

This stuff is the dogs

67040sdoc100powergel.jpg

my boss gave me a loan to fix my bike (without me asking) as im paying £50 a week just to get to work :spin2:

Rusted thru " :eusa_snooty: how long since you changed it " bloody honda"s :duel: .. i had ride-out. and limped home , carbs over fueling ,, black smoke, spluttering,

strip time, bloody four strokes,,, :closedeyes:

Rusted thru " :eusa_snooty: how long since you changed it " bloody honda"s :duel: .. i had ride-out. and limped home , carbs over fueling ,, black smoke, spluttering,

strip time, bloody four strokes,,, :closedeyes:

Only about 6 months. It was a genuine Suzuki filter as well. I hope you had better luck Blackhat.

it must be pretty exposed up front on the V twin eh, lucky you werent going for a long ride mate,

Yep. 21 miles and it still had one litre left in it (one and a half litres on the bike and road). The oil light didn't come on either.

oh and John..its a suzuki

:lol:

Piss easy day at work today, got everything done early and sat around doing not a lot until I clocked off. Picked the bike up from the garage and rode off to the pub to meet a friend.

Stopped on the way back at a vantage point on caradon hill to overlook the twinkling streetlights of Plymouth and all the nearby towns and villages. :)

And I got flashed by a cage driver trying to tell me to dip my lights when they were already dipped. :D

I'm self employed. Had a 200 mile bike trip, collected loads of flies, had a coffee and a cig half way and was home in time for pizza. Worked for 3 hours tonight then had a bottle of wine... post in The Bar.....

Loved the custom in the shop mate, was it a local build?.

....................Loved the custom in the shop mate, was it a local build?.

Apparently an American built bike from one of those US chopper build off shows on the TV. A little under 200BHP and 2500cc. It eats a clutch every 7000 miles. I don't think that it would be low maintenance and that is without all that chrome to polish!!

Went to quarry for first load , building stone for Dartmouth 2.5 hours away, waited 30 mins for the loading shovel to come, shout on CB Merv come to the office, went to office plan b load 20 mm chippings for StTudy do the building stone later, OK , gets to St Tudy, phones customer, yes you are in the right place but you cannot get a lorry up that lane,

go back half a mile down farm lane turn left,

turns left sees bloody great cowshit pumping pipe across lane 15 mins later contacts farmer he says just drive over it .

OK gets to house just about possible to get through gate with a fag paper width to spare each side , can yuo spread some here some there, 2 hour job wastes 3.5 in the end, back to quarry to load building stone, had to pick out 6 tons by hand, now we are 3 hours behind , delivers the stone, driving hours are up to 4.5 45 minutes from yard, had to sit out a 45 minute break to get back, so much for an easy day

Merv

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mixed day really. Got a few bits done on the DTR, got another DTR engine delivered which had the 3MB cyclinder head i've been searching for.

Visited my Dad in the hospital. ( on my way had to manouvre around a pallet lorry who's driver decided to park it just over the brow of a hill half in the road.....i live by the seaside by the way...where was it you were delivering cynic?