Fancy Rateing This

2 Wheels
This post is 4973 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

This is the Honda Transalp XL 700 V, released new in 2008.

I'm growing to like this bike and was wondering what you all thaught of it ?

I have been trying to compare it to other bikes in its catogery and am still not sure which one would suit me best.

If ya have the time maby ya could shed some light on this topic, compare it to other bikes in its class and tell me what ya think,,good or bad, even pick a bike that you consider better.

Cheers Pat.

27707_0_13_3_xl%20700%20v%20transalp_Image%20credits%20-%20Honda.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I like the look of it, but this one has a little more. You pay for it though.

colorf800gs01preview.jpg

Or at only $10,000

05796.jpg

Both have more power, though that may not be what you are interested in. I like the look of all three bikes, but if I had to choose based on looks, I'd probably go with the Honda.

I prefer the Duke :-)

But then I would say that wouldn't I

They're all nice bikes though, just a little on the pricey side for me :-(

Em B)

Try the Triumph Tiger pat , great all-rounder , 1050 cc is the new one, 955 the old style , smooth as silk B)

just saw a duke like the above pikkie today at rivvy.

IMHO its the dogs doodahs!

just saw a duke like the above pikkie today at rivvy.

IMHO its the dogs doodahs!

The more I look at the Duke, the more it seems like the best looking of the bunch. I liked the front and seat of the Honda better at first, but I think the Duke has captured my eye more.

erm,what size n shape are you,?:elephant: if you resemble a baby elephant then go for a big engine.

I'm a "svelt" 10 1/2 stone :D

So a 750 goes like split sh*t wi me on it :icon_wink:

Or is it the way I ride :unsure:

Em B)

Well i think i weigh in at the 14stone mark !

My current CBR600 has plenty of poke to drag me round the place so anything above that would be a bonus.

I get a sore back, sore wrists and heart-burn if im on this bike for up to a hour or more, anyway its gettin old and a bit shabby round the edges, so im gonna sell it just before the summer ends--hopefully !

Im looking for a Dual sport / off road bike. These are the kind of bikes that suit Irish roads the best, good for the bumps and old roads while comfy for the long distance toures.

I like/need the sit up straight position of these bikes.

The price will prob play a big factor in the bike i finally get, (ill have to save me penny's)

I do like the new Trimuph Tiger Blackhat, isnt that the one Si had when we met, nice bike.

Anyway, it'll be a while before i get anything so i have plenty of time to testride the ones i might like, was just wondering what ye thaught of the new Transalp.

Thanks, 2 wheels

Just invite some of your mates along Pat and take them all, leave your lid at home tho'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-10984311

• 3 weeks later...

This is the Honda Transalp XL 700 V, released new in 2008.

I'm growing to like this bike and was wondering what you all thaught of it ?

I tried one out when they first came out. This one:

P3180043.JPG

P3180044.JPG

It was aimed at the Adventure market, but to be honest it just doesn't manage to fit - to road bias.

That said, as a road bike with 'some' light off tarmac (forest gravel roads, unsurfaced stuff etc) it's a cracking bike. It loves the twisty B and C roads and with the addition of the larger screen and some other bits will make a great one-up tourer. I like the bike alot, and today Honda are giving away luggage for it! so it's a good buy.

The downside, like any Honda is that it has no character, or soul, but is as reliable as Taxes.

I wouldn't comapre it against the GS, different class of bike alltogether. The Duke is another breed of machine again.

I've ridden both the GS and the Duke and the Duke has far more Smiles-per-mile, but the old Ducatti reliability still niggles me a little.

Cheres for that Gas-up,-----me still likes this bike, i think it would be a good bet for irish roads.

Have ya ever tried the Triumph Tiger (new one r old ) ??

i think it would be a good bet for irish roads.

Have ya ever tried the Triumph Tiger (new one r old ) ??

Having been there a few times (Dublin, Cork, Galway, Oop Norf to Antrim )I would agree, the bikw will be perfect for your roads. Road bias enough to have fun with sufficient off-road ability to deal with the Irish roads.

I have tried the Tiger 1050, and for all I'll get castigated for this, I didn't like it at all. I thought the finish was poor (considering the price tag), the engine is fine, but I don'y agree with those that think it's the best thing since the 4 stoke was invented.(yes, Mr Cynic, I know the 2 stoke is better!).... I think the big adventure bikes suit a twin configuration better (V or parallel, even the ancient boxer!). The triple is a great motor in a street bike, but that doesn't make it a good adventure tourer. This is all my opinion, which apparently is wrong when you talk to people who have had these bikes.

My Tenere has covered 22,000 miles in the two years I've had it. It's been through every country in Europe, and covered over 800 miles off-road through Portugal this year, it still looks great (OK, it has picked up one or two 'reminders' of the trips) I looked at a Tiger with the same mileage and it looked bl00dy awfull. The paint/plastics had tarnished, the engine was as fury as a 3 year old Apple and the switchgear felt loose and worn.

I don't like how you have to take the Tiger to a dealers at service to get the computer 'adjusted' either. I don't mind having to use a dealer for faults, but for general service, no thanks.

There is another bike that is an absolute blast, I've only done 50 or so miles on it so I'm not sure on what it's like to live with ->

P8120148.JPG

P8120149.JPG

It's the Aprillia Dorsoduruo, and it's mental!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online