2-Stroke meet - Squires cafe

This post is 4960 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guest CardBoardDave

Hope you get bike sorted in time vez. I know its a gutting feeling the prospect of not making it!!!

Nearest free cash point is the co op in sherburn.

Got some goodies today B)

Fingers crossed its already in time.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CardBoardDave

what about cardboad dave you going/comming with us?

Will know tomorrow night fingers crossed

Me jay and simon all being well.

Night all

Downside to getting a bike without knowing the full history of it i guess, think it was ragged from new and never run in properly  :(

Thanks for the offer Paul, but i need to get the bike right asap.  I have 2 days to have a look at it and a shed full of spares so there is a slim chance i may still make it, but its better i say now than any later.

Tbh im toying with the idea on putting the sachs engine in, going to start it up after work tomorrow and see how its runs.

Anyone know the timescale after notifying the DVLA about an engine change before you can ride it?

Surely if you own both vehicles then its not really an issue. Bar the paper exercise.

A check by the plod would show the engine was for a bike you own so as far as they are concerned, no interest.

cynic ,will you not be comming our way.

Dunno, i can do M1 or A1, or take a chance on the A roads and see what happens. Either way i'll be away by 8am so should be there around 10/11, i'll be on my third tank of Gas for the ride out :blink: .

Dunno, i can do M1 or A1, or take a chance on the A roads and see what happens. Either way i'll be away by 8am so should be there around 10/11, i'll be on my third tank of Gas for the ride out :blink: .

3hrs,,,,,,,,,what you ridin, a lawn mower...

3hrs,,,,,,,,,what you ridin, a lawn mower...

Cheeky, i know where i'm going :P

I gotta stop for fuel twice at least so i'm ok for the rideout, google say's 2hrs 10 so i figure around two and a half with fuel stops at worst.

Cheeky, i know where i'm going :P

I gotta stop for fuel twice at least so i'm ok for the rideout, google say's 2hrs 10 so i figure around two and a half with fuel stops at worst.

would this be the scenic route your taking:lol:

would this be the scenic route your taking:lol:

130 odd miles of arse numbing motorway is hardly senic.

oh, i thought wrong,as i thought you was around the manchester area.

Nope a village between Northampton and Banbury.

Do we have a definitive list of those of thus attending?

I f not i am : 'pilninggas / Mervyn / White Yamaha xj6 ' Friday thru Sunday

On a different note, Squires only let you pay for things on Credit/Debit card on purchases over £10, there's a cash machine in there that charges about £2.50 fee for each withdrawl - not sure where the nearest free cash machine is, it could be at the other side of Garforth @ Sainsbury's at the junction with the M1...

Seems on the local weather the weekend is dry with sunny intervals...

just ride into sherburn there's a co-op on the left ,free cash machine ,been a tight yorkshire man theres no way i would be taking my own cash out of a ATM and pay for the privledge (dont get me started)Oh and while your there get fuelled up if your going on the rideout my triple drinks petrol for fun,

Aye well , am ready to go "B) , , Jammer is at squires already, , he arrived T-time today, " Keen or what":blink: , am taking tools, sockets, and spanners" two- stroke oil. plugs[ various] B8ES-B9ES-B9HS,. ANY BODY ELSE need spare plug type, tell me now [ at mates bike shop in morning,] " PISTONS for the DT125 lc," :lol: , they chew them up like peppermints .[ so i hear] ,

blackhat, what colour van do you have?, I think that would be easiest to find/ congregate.

Its a red Merc, minibus, , i"ll be parked next to B.WJ. , Hes keeping plot for us, .

Fazer"al - Them small triples are horrendeous on fuel, I rode with an S2 350 last week, The H2 750= 96mls- 11. ltrs. The S2 350,= 96mls - Two Tank fulls:o , no kidding ,

Its a red Merc, minibus, , i"ll be parked next to B.WJ. , Hes keeping plot for us, .

Fazer"al - Them small triples are horrendeous on fuel, I rode with an S2 350 last week, The H2 750= 96mls- 11. ltrs. The S2 350,= 96mls - Two Tank fulls:o , no kidding ,

don't forget to save a piece of camping land for the english

can you get a spare 350lc engine in there,just incase:lol: .take ya time and drive safe mate,see you on satarday.