New guy here...

ashr1
This post is 5164 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Evenin' all!

I is new here, so thought I'd pop in and introduce myself. Am from the Bristol area, been here for about 6 weeks, originally from London. I ride a 07 R1. was in storage down at my mums in London while I settled down in Bristol. Picked it up on Saturday.

The roads around here are stunning, compared to londons traffic jams!

Any good riding roads, biker hangouts any1 can recomend?

Hope to catch up with you guys soon!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'm sure theres some Gert Lush places down there. For anything to do with bikes visit Fowlers on the A4 two minutes from Temple Meads railway station.

yeah i'm in bristol (the rough part!!)

Bristol is a good place to be on a bike, with loads of great routes 'spoking' away from it:

North towards ledbury through glos, stratford is 2 hours on the A-roads.

Into Wales (i used to go that way all the time) upto brecon, black mountains and beyond (have rode the a470 up and back in a day).

South into dorset and hampshire (the A36 is fast, but dodgy and the A350 is quite nice south of trowbridge)

i tend to go south-west more these days, as the weather is usually more clement and warmer: Devon, cornwall and somerset are all an afternoons ride (maybe returning on the m-way).

There are loads and loads of places, if you want a more organised run google wiltshire bikers, they start most bride outs in castle coombe and go to some great places.

my favourite roads is probably the A465 hereford to abergavenny road (the bus stop in abergavenny is a famous sunday bike meeting point). The a470 between methyr and brecon (the mountain pass is amazing). The gospel pass at hay-on-wye (slow but high up). To the west i love the atlantic highway (barnstaple to far west of cornwall).

google these places to see which catch the eye!!

mervyn

hi ash,

welcome to the area buddy.

im in bristol if you fancy a natter drop me a line.

there are some nice roads and rides {yes they are indeed gert lush} out towards the lakes and you have to give Cheddar Gorge a blast {avoid sundays!!!}.

cheers

Marcus

Hello just joined 10 mins ago.I am Jeremy and just bought a xs400 1981. turning her into a hardtail. Wanted to say hi.