thanks for nothing guys

hankodan
This post is 5492 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

what a shame it wasted my time to become a member of this forum, its the first one i´ve fully joined and i WAS very excited about my new yamaha and becoming part of a club, thanks for nothing though, could not 1 single person take the time to help out another biker here and give me a few simple bits to look out for when buying my next bike???

i remember when bikers stuck together and helped each other, what a shame this does not seem to be the case in this "forum" / "kiddies chat room"

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well mate sorry you feel so,put out after only 2 days on the forum on a holiday weekend to get a reply. i know stuff all about modern yams so i am no help at all, but stick around when people come in from the sunshine they may just help ya

in fairness you have only given i a short time when people will have been out riding bikes rather than talking about em, if yuo want instant replies can i suggest a more one model orientated forum

merv

Hi, hankodan.I am sorry about that.Let me tell you that the forum is not working well the last days.We suffered an overflood attack from a spammer.That is to say that most of us,could not enter the forum for the last two or three days..

This is not an excuse, but an explanation. My piece of advice regarding your buying is not worthy, as i am not an expert.

I hope that people in this forum who really knows , can give their opinion.

Stay in the forum, a trusty opinion surely might appear.

Greetings.

:rolleyes:

Wow,

Never even see your first post.

Chill out fella, do you want answers from real bikers (the sort who are out riding) or those who sit inside on nice holiday weekends!!

Not a great start, slagging everyone off!

What? I for one wouldn't want someone this bloody rude on our forum.

If he hasnt realised that posting a question over a bank holiday weekend when most folk are away and/or enjoying the sunshine on their bikes is probably not going to get an immediate reply that he so demands then he is better of somewhere else where they sit at home pretending to bikers.

Its downright rude to post such a message

Bikers DO stick together but another biker would not slag us off like that

Maybe its you pal who needs the kiddies chatroom with an attitude like that :pissed-off:

ok hankodan first off buddy being trying to sort out my bike so can hopefully make use of the good weather,what are u used to riding u havent put anything down about what u want so no one knows if u after an old or new bike mate there is plenty of help in here u just got to learn patience man help will come u got a damned good bunch of people in here that are willing to help when they can, i no that first hand ,ide look at wheels first off if loads of scrapes then they been changed a lot witch prob means its been raced or just ragged loads,check the fairing mounts where the fairing is attached see if any are bent or scraped ,same with sides of engine. just take it for a spin,if u have any long roads near u that will give u a chance to move up and down gears u will hear then if any probs with engine or gears shifting ,i only been back on site for couple of days i couldnt get on at first ,if anyone u go to see about a bike make any excuses y u cant take the bike out then walk away sorry thats all i got also for a small fee there are companys out there that will tell u the history of the bike and if its been in any accidents ,hope this helps

WHAT???!!!

Ah, fuck off.

I have been away since Thursday, getting presents to seriously disabled and terminally ill children.

They rank a lot higher than you.

what a shame it wasted my time to become a member of this forum, its the first one i´ve fully joined and i WAS very excited about my new yamaha and becoming part of a club, thanks for nothing though, could not 1 single person take the time to help out another biker here and give me a few simple bits to look out for when buying my next bike???

i remember when bikers stuck together and helped each other, what a shame this does not seem to be the case in this "forum" / "kiddies chat room"

Works both ways mate, you get pissed off if just ONE of your questions doesnt get answered , and only for two days, sometimes I get pissed off too, when I answer someones request for help/advise and they dont come back with a reply, especially if i've put some effort in to find an answer, and believe me...That happens lots of times...the usual thing to do is 'bump' your post.

Works both ways mate, you get pissed off if just ONE of your questions doesnt get answered , and only for two days, sometimes I get pissed off too, when I answer someones request for help/advise and they dont come back with a reply, especially if i've put some effort in to find an answer, and believe me...That happens lots of times...the usual thing to do is 'bump' your post.

For what it's worth guys - I am a member of many forums as I have lots of different bikes and this is the only one I contribute to regularly as it is the most informative and friendly.

So there :P

Wow,

Never even see your first post.

Chill out fella, do you want answers from real bikers (the sort who are out riding) or those who sit inside on nice holiday weekends!!

Not a great start, slagging everyone off!

Quoted for the truth. What an idiot this hnkodan is...glad he wont be using the forums.

I glad he didn't ask me a question, who would have fucking hung himself as I've been away from the forum for 6 bloody years, I've come back because I have some good friends on this forum from the good old days (there all old and grey now though) :lol::P

well mate if this is the first forum you have joined then maybe you should know most people who join a forum normally introduce them selves, tell us a little bit about them selves ,what bike experience they have, not just jump in expecting help or advice, would you just walk in a bar you had not been in before and start asking questions i dont think so.as it was a bank holiday the forum would have been quiet as a lot of folk were out on there bikes but to expect a reply in just over twenty four hours and then start slagging people off that you dont know then all i can say is FUCK OFF!

stupidpeople.gif

Im new to biking and this forum myself and have found this forum a fantastic source of information in my short two weeks of being a member! I have had a fantastic response from the guys on here already (Thanks by the way!), no need to slate the forum or its members mate, bad form!

well mate if this is the first forum you have joined then maybe you should know most people who join a forum normally introduce them selves, tell us a little bit about them selves ,what bike experience they have, not just jump in expecting help or advice, would you just walk in a bar you had not been in before and start asking questions i dont think so.as it was a bank holiday the forum would have been quiet as a lot of folk were out on there bikes but to expect a reply in just over twenty four hours and then start slagging people off that you dont know then all i can say is FUCK OFF!

+1

stupidpeople.gif

+2

Well it doesnt look like the OP has given you guys much time to reply or graced us with another post in this fairly rude thread ,I joined yesterday and asked two questions within 24 hrs they were both replied to and answered .

Now I am not too hot on my "flag recognition" but it looks like a finnish flag ,fins are renowned for not having a sense of humour (hakkonen,raikkonen),not too sure about patience .

a think you need to carm yourself down,,,

bank hol weekend = out on the bike!! with family you should try it sometime you might enjoy it!!

and give it a few days for replys,,

or were you the kid that always took the ball home when it wasnt going his way!!!

to be honest a hope you do go sound like a right tit to me!!!!!!!

You're welcome.

I read your post, but decided to skip the reply since I am unfamiliar with the subject, because I ride a 1982 XS400 which has nothing in common with the bike you mentioned. Unless you WANT me to waste your time:

1) I assume the bike you asked about is a 600cc model. If so, it is too big.

2) what color is the bike you are considering ? All colors besides red and black are unacceptable. Oh, maybe BLUE is ok.

3) you should add a sissy bar/luggage rack and a bubble fairing so it looks like my bike.

4) I think it is too much bike for your riding abilities.

There are my recommendations. You're welcome.

Have a nice day.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online