baking soda

drewpy
This post is 5498 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just found this tip;

"Repel rain from windshield. Put gobs of baking soda on a dampened cloth and wipe windows inside and out"

anyone tried it, and will it work on visors?

drewps

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Dont Know about the baking soda, but I swear by RAIN'X, you can get it in Halfords and it works a dream on visors and windshields. A tiny amout on your visor and it keeps it free of water, and also makes it easier to clean the bugs off at the end of a run. Try it on your cars windshield, you can drive in heavy rain behind a juggernaught with the wipers off. They also do an anti fog for the inside. ;)

RainX supposedly makes your visor go brittle.

It's designed for use on glass, not plastic.

rain x = money

baking soda = free

I think I will try it on the car first, then OG's visor second. I think that's the best way to find out :lol:

isnt baking soda just ever so slightly abrasive?

found on a home cleaning web page: Baking soda causes dirt and grease to dissolve in water, so it is very effective in cleaning kitchen counter tops, refrigerators, and stove tops. And sprinkled on a sponge or dishrag, baking soda forms a mildly abrasive scouring powder.

think of that before you rub "gobs of it" onto your plastic shield.

Have been using rainX on my current visor for past three years and it has been off and on the helmet for cleaning severa time and is still flexible. A while ago my other half used baking powder to clean our NEW stainless steel cooker and you can still see the scratch marks. !!!!!!

Please dont use baking soda on your visors this is an old cleaning solution from years ago before ajax or scrubbies were invented it is abrasive and will scratch your visor :o

Baking soda (sodium bi-carbonate) has an affinity (strong absorbtion) for water-hence the 'ill-advised' use to remove rain from visors, in theory "mmmmmm-- well" yep sooks like your new girlfriend,

get it in your eyes though an you wont know nothing about it-or anything else of a visual nature for that matter-ever again !,

car windscreens yes-in small amounts i.e. not 'Dollops', or whatever the term used was ?

Dont be a 'cabron' !

:mellow:

am gonna give (rain x) a go, worth a try

baking soda no way, looks bit gritty to me!!!

i dont use nothing, potatoes.. back in the day...... rainex mmm might try that, baking soda or any other type of abrasive scouring powder... er .. no :unsure: