Its taken a while but i've now got pretty much all the bits i needed for my project (plus some bits i didnt need )
The tank i had sourced was too badly damaged, i wasnt happy with it so I got another one.
I got time on saturday to remove all the plastics and replace the tank.
Fresh tank of fuel & bang - it fired! It was still on the old plugs as it needs a peculiar size plug socket (now ordered) so I'm hoping it'll start and run smoothly on the new plugs.
Disassembly so far has, as expected, uncovered a few gremlins.
Lots of silicone pumped around connections on the voltage regulator & a splattering of exhaust putty on the silencer. But i'll get that sorted.
Updated pics from saturday:-
Interestingly, I checked out the bodywork manufacturers website (K-Conversions) & spotted a used bike they have for sale. Identical to my bike, except their paintwork is in good shape.
Scary thing is their price - $4995 !!
Next step is plug change, then oil & filter change.
Finish realigning the fairings then begin the disassembly process.
I'll try my besy to keep this thread updated when i can.