Winter wear

meatloaf
This post is 3072 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

These days I am a fair weather rider as all my riding is purely for fun but I do try to get out as much as possible all year round. Last Saturday after a brilliant days riding I had a reality check as the temperature plummeted on my way home and the chill started to seeped through my leathers. Unlike my previous textile gear my leathers are a snug fit so I can't wear all that crap I used to wear to keep warm so its time to invest in some new gear that I can wear under my leathers that will hopefully keep out some of the cold. Any suggestions that you guys and girls have would be appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have the Bering kit Meat, good thermal and water proofing plus the armour is really well fitted, costs an arm and a leg tho but my old hide is to brittle to go down the cheap route.

Thinsulate underlayers and a cup of tea usually sorts me out.
Jumper or two, perhaps.

• Like 2

Er yeah I think the "padded bra" might be something he can perhaps NOT use, unless he likes the idea of course ! Takes all sorts. :lol:

• Like 1

Er yeah I think the "padded bra" might be something he can perhaps NOT use, unless he likes the idea of course ! Takes all sorts. :lol:

Depending on what size you get, the bra can hold two one-quart metal canteens full of nice hot coffee/tea/chocolate or mulled wine/mead/whatever... keeps you toasty on the ride and gives you a tasty beverage when you get wherever you're going!!

• Like 2

Depending on what size you get, the bra can hold two one-quart metal canteens full of nice hot coffee/tea/chocolate or mulled wine/mead/whatever... keeps you toasty on the ride and gives you a tasty beverage when you get wherever you're going!!

Fair to say, my size will not be giving you that option! Couple of Quality Street and some chewing gum is more like it...

• Like 2

Fair to say, my size will not be giving you that option! Couple of Quality Street and some chewing gum is more like it...

Which is why you get yourself a larger size - Keeps your beverages battened down and your bird-bits brilliantly bolstered!

My ideas need to work for everyone and the Itty-Bitty Titty Committee are no exception. In fact, circumstances like these are when the smaller folk have the advantages. Same for smuggling stuff into gigs and the like!

Edited by Ttaskmaster
  • Like 1

alpinestar have some good stuff: bottom and top . the links are from the local motorcycle shop that I use but you can find them probabbly in your local motorcycle shop or on the internet. price: 120 pounds together.

Vest top, Cold Killers top, padded bra ;)

Must admit that I'm not really into girly clothing, well apart from spending half my time with Mrs meat trying to get into her clothing but then that's another story .

As they say small is beautiful :wub:and was once told what you can't get in you mouth is wasted:unsure:

• Like 1

You old romantic you !!! crying-with-laughter.gif

Think yourself lucky Katie although many might not agree including my daughter. But when my lovely wife gets up in the morning half asleep it's like watching two ferrets having a fight in a sack.

• Like 2

Thermal longjohns under the leathers , good waterproofs over the lot . I know handlebar muffs look a bit dodgy but if your hands and feet are warm you can ride through the worst of weather .

Believe it or not I've just bought some from M&S. Going to try them out Tuesday night when travelling down the M5 to Bridgwater.

look for a firm called Merlin, make wax cotton jackets same fabric as the old police belstaff jackets. But the fabric is updated with a Kevlar weave and really comfy body armour. Looks good too, like a regular jacket you could wear walking the dog.

Mine is the most comfortable jacket I have ever owned, full stop. Not cheap, mine was over 200 quid but so worth it.

• Like 1

Other than hands, cold usually doesn't bother me too much. Recently tried nitrile gloves under normal ones, while this worked fairly well for 30-45 minute ride, wouldn't recommend it for much longer because obviously they don't breathe and get pretty soggy. But if its freezing and you need to get somewhere and you have these in your garage - not too bad :thumb:

Bro picked me up a brand new set of Oxford Muffs .  Toasty . Nice one Bro ! 

I had an Oxford Muff once... nothing like a posh bird to keep you warm!! :lol:

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online