well that was embarrassing

meatloaf
This post is 3493 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I love my poxy little 600 bandit :smash::moon:

Which is fine if that's what you're after.

I want a really big bike to actually *feel* like one, though, not like something half its size. How would you feel if your 600 felt like an itty-bitty 125?

Been thinking about this 'spinning on the sidestand' thing too - I figure if you actually need to do this, you've not chosen a good parking spot in the first place!! :lol:

extraced from a review of the 1250 that you rode Task.From Top speed

"After its debut, the Bandit managed to become an icon in its segment in a pretty short time. Since then the motorcycle has been completely upgraded and today the Bandit 1250 continues to be one of the most wanted nakeds in its class

It stole the imagination of open road riders everywhere. Now the Bandit is even better with its unmatched balance of superior performance, eye-catching style and advanced technology.In developing the Bandit 1250 the dedicated team of Suzuki engineers have produced a cruiser of unmatched performance, style and value.

A machine that truly owns the highway and gets you away."

Word's like ICON and Imagination,most wanted,cruiser of unmatched performance about a bike with no sole HMMM all for the bargin price of 7176 euros vs 12900 euros for a fjr1300 lots of cash left over to do any upgrades or just buy gas and tires ,hell for the 5k difference you could put a turbo on the B and have a 300hp. bike.Or for 1400 euros more have 2 Bandits and I bet if you were buying 2 you could get them for less.

13 years owning my B and not a single problem just basic maintence so build quality is good,I would put that in the bullit proff catigory.And working on it is easy just as the fj pop the tank and everythig is right there complety accessable.

Just because you don't like it and dont think it is a great bike doesn't make it a POS just means your narrow minded,and building the same bike for 30 years dosent make it a great bike just makes the manufacture lots of cash because they dont have to re tool,and to quote 1052 steve elephant size dosen't make for a SPORT touring bike to me,it makes a it a tank touring that has some sport styling. It is a capable bike a good bike but not as good or capable all around.I would rather have a bike that does everything well than a bike that does 1 thing well and can be forced to do the rest.

I am a hooligan by nature and the b brings out that sole in me.

before you get to top speed on that tank.

:chair:

[Quote Taskmaster]

Couldn"t wait to get that gutless piece of shit of my drive "

:hah::babyha:

Class slagging match,,, :eusa_clap:

Great is it over now? :eusa_think:

Hey, I'm not the one who suddenly started waving my cock around for no apparent reason...!!

extraced from a review of the 1250 that you rode Task.

Words like Icon, Most Wanted and whatever else you can find appear in many bike reviews.

FJR1300 for 13000 Euros, eh?

That's nice, but what's that got to do with the FJ12? I have no interest in the FJR... especially if it's priced in Euros!!

Actually, the fact that I don't like it DOES make it a piece of shit in my world and that is all that matters. If it were any other way, we'd all be riding R1s, Fireblades and Hayabusas anyway.

You just can't handle the fact that I don't like your bike and that it fails to meet my needs.

Deal with it.

I thought we were all bikers on this site riding a mix of bikes and from trailies to R1s, 125 commuters to fjr1300 tourers . what I like to ride won't suit others and that's how it should be. I wouldn't want to criticise others for there choice (unless it was a Harley). The point I was trying to make in my first post was I like both the FJ and Bandit but for different reasons both are great bikes and in the hands of decent riders over a 100 miles of mixed roads I would not like to live on the difference in time either machine would take to cover them, and yes I have done it less than a couple of minutes in it either way each did it quicker than the other 1 way but not the other. So I wont be selling my FJ1200 1TX, and I'm looking for a nice standard mk1 Bandit, to go with the 1TX and my XJR1300.

That is how it is, though.
I don't criticise anyone for their choice of bike. I may criticise the bike itself, but that is just personal preference (unless it's a Harley, in which case they are asking for it! :lol: ) and whether or not it does what I want.

Or in this case, it seems only about whether you can spin it on a sidestand as an indicator of performance... :rolleyes:

The site is called yamaha owner's club ......not yamaha owners only club,many of us have many different bikes and to call someones bike a POS is asking for them to rebute you.

Ok so you didn't like the bike as much as your tank,that I can accept and it's your money to buy what you like with it but the Bandit is a great bike

The day you find youself not able to get your bike out of a bad spot, you will wish you could turn it on it's stand,and I could turn yours and if the POS stand can't handel it then I would build a better one,I think I could do it with any bike some easier than others but it is doable and all I was trying to do was give people food for thought if they find themself in that position.

You said you can't do it with your bike and that would give me a 10 min head start,not that I would need it ,and thats why I said what I did.Your the one who started waving his willie around with specs.Lighten up dude.

If the H2O kaws comes in a naked form or ST form I might buy one,but you wouldn't like one because the are to light.,Fi supercharged weapon.And I will keep my bandit because it is what it is and served me well.

I thought we were all bikers on this site riding a mix of bikes and from trailies to R1s, 125 commuters to fjr1300 tourers . what I like to ride won't suit others and that's how it should be. I wouldn't want to criticise others for there choice (unless it was a Harley).

Well said Steve, I know that a lot of folks don't like what I ride but I don't really give a toss, you pays your money and makes your choice and boy what a choice there is, thats one of the good things about bikes, there is so much choice out there, so we will never all agree to what is the better bike to ride cos we all have different opinions and different reasons for riding. As long as YOU are happy with WHAT YOU RIDE thats all that matters.

Now you two how about giving a little respect to each others preferences and kiss and make up. :eusa_clap:

The site is called yamaha owner's club ......not yamaha owners only club,many of us have many different bikes

And that's why I take the mick.

to call someones bike a POS is asking for them to rebute you.

I'm only doing it to troll you after your initial outburst.

You tried the rebuttal back in November when I posted a live review of the 1250S. I didn't like it then and I don't like it still, but it was adequate for a hire bike that I didn't have to actually care about (even though it was returned in better condition than it was issued).

Ok so you didn't like the bike as much as your tank,that I can accept

Then do accept it, stop being a nob and trying to tell me how much better you think yours is. If it were better, I'd have one, wouldn't I!!

The day you find youself not able to get your bike out of a bad spot, you will wish you could turn it on it's stand,

Or just hop off and drag it back out as I did when I was learning that lesson.
TBH, if I'm in that bad a position that no other solution works, chances are I won't have the space to spin it either.

I could turn yours and if the POS stand can't handel it then I would build a better one,

I possibly could as well, but it's not something I'd want to try for lack of hand-holds and the sheer weight on my knees.
I'd rather be more attentive toward how I park in the first place.

I think I could do it with any bike some easier than others but it is doable

Rocket III?
Goldwing?
Be an interesting challenge... and more productive than the Ice Bucket thing.

You said you can't do it with your bike and that would give me a 10 min head start

Head start on what?
Is every ride a race for you, or something?
Do your races begin facing the wrong way?

Your the one who started waving his willie around with specs.Lighten up dude.

Sorry, we were talking about sidestands and you randomly launched off on a whole tirade about how you think it makes your bike better... I simply rode you like a mechanical bull! :lol:

Just so you know, having read this thread and wondered can it be done I have just turned the FJ round on it's side stand, I have a back injury so am not able to heave gert lumps of iron around normally but it was surprisingly easy, as dt says it's about balance and once you find the tipping point it rolls round like a squeaky whale. Having said that I would not want to do it on a regular basis as it is a right mare not only in weight but length.

On my old XJ I could do it on the centre stand by leaning against the bike and tipping it on to one leg of the centre stand.

• Like 1

My poor Battle-Bitch has already hit the ground more times than I care for, so I still wouldn't want to try it myself - But that's more about me than the bike. She's in finer fettle than me!!

Go go go Tasky :hah:

Anybody calling a FJ1200 an out dated slow dinosaur needs to be hung, drawn & quartered ..... then burned.....the ashes ground to a pulp .... then shot into outer space.

Nuff said !!! :eusa_whistle:

• Like 1