Brand spanking new user

This post is 3561 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All!

I literally picked up my new YBR Custom 125CC the Saturday just gone and am absolutely loving it..... I'm actually obsessed with it. This will hopefully be my commuter bike into London each day (30 mile round trip) and will save me a bomb against train fairs!

I've taken her for a few rides around town and am in Looooooooove! I'm so glad I chose the Custom model over the standard. I look forward to chatting to you all and becoming a pro! (..... that may take some time :P)

Now.... I won't lie, I am as capable on how to fix/repair a motorcycle as baby is a doing backflips... I want and need this to change. I've already learned how to pop the indicator lights in and out and how to remove the side panels however I was defeated very early.....

How do you remove the toolkit? o.O

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome to the forum. I can't help with the toolkit, I have never owned one, but it should tell you in the owners manual. Sometimes they pack this with the toolkit so that might not help either. The toolkit will be very basic. When I say that I really mean that it will be very poor. I would leave it where it is and invest in some real tools when you can afford them. I never bother to even touch the bike toolkit. If fact I am off to see if my bike actually has one.

• Like 1

Yeah I've looked through the manual but it says nothing on how to remove it... there's a big rubber strap in the way that looks like you need a wrench to loosen it but I wouldn't think you'd need a tool to get to a toolkit hahaha

Thanks for the tip and replying tho! I will definitely build up my own collection of tools for work at home but hopefully I can learn how to remove this kit in case I need it on future rides

Often the rubber straps have a metal link at each end to fit into lugs on the bike. One end may have an extra inch or so rubber after the link to grab and pull the rubber band off the locating link.

• Like 1

Hi and Welcome to the YOC, hope you enjoy the site and any advice you want just ask, someone will be along to help out. Ride safe. :wavey:

• Like 1

:welcome:

Welcome on glad you decided to hang around,as said just pull the strap down and un hook the metal ring

"Brand-spanking new user"?

Sounds like Goff has returned and is smacking the arse of a newbie with a large Yahama sign, or something!! :D

• Like 1

:welcome:

I think the garage is open to paid members only. Please have a look at my signature. There is a link in there somewhere for more information. You also get access to more sections that are not visable to non paying members.

You don't need to be a paid member to post pictures in threads. You will need somewhere to upload pictures to. There are many help threads around to help on this score but I can't remember the name of any of the main ones used - it is an age thing and I use my own server so do it slightly differently.

• Like 1

Hi davy" good to see your getting stuck in to mantainance, . new bikes need little work, say for chain lube - tension,, etc,, :wavey: