aquired old xj 600 1989

This post is 3324 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello everyone , I,m brand new to this club and also brand new to jap bikes , well of this size anyhow , past my test way back on a superdream !

my name is Richie , I live in N Wales and have always ridden BSA,s ive had a gold star , a b44 two a65,s and a bantam. But after an accident in the 90,s I left bikes alone , until my good friend bought a bonnie and gave me this 1989 xj600 so we could go to Ireland touring. it arrived in a sorry state and although its not worth much ive been restoring it with love and care.

ive got some photos which I,ll post later , I,ll be blatently honest I know nothing of these bikes and ive joined this club in the hope that I,ll get some help and maybe be able to offer some general advice , I,m an engineer by trade.

some one out there may find some time for my restoration progress report ! they may have had one and have some stories to tell.

if anybody is interested and can offer some technical help I,d be very grateful , thanks , Richie D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Richie and welcome to the YOC, always nice when someone actually does a good INTRO most just don't bother and get grumpy when no one talks to them, there are a few 600 owners on here and any questions you have just put them in the WORKSHOP section and someone will be along to help out, if your doing a project then put that in the PROJECTS thread. Hope you get to stick around and let us have a look at your new toy. :jossun:

:welcome:

Hi Richie & welcome to YOC , nice intro, look forward to seeing your progress in the projects section :jossun:

• 2 weeks later...

1989 old .... what old ???

Welcome & good luck !!

• 8 months later...
This post is 3324 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.