Checking in ...

JoJo46
This post is 3671 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey there,

So I'm new! New to this forum, and fairly new to riding bikes, although I have been a pillion for years (always on a Kawasaki). I decided that I am a Yamaha girl though!!

I bought myself a XJR400 - heavily modified - she was gorgeous, sounded amazing, and had a lot of spirit!! Actually she was too much bike for my level of experience ... not to mention my lack of technical know how. As an older bike she needed constant tweaking and work. Twas a sad day when I let her go :( Not the best purchase in the world, but I LOVED that bike!

So some hard lessons learned I decided I needed to buy myself a bike more suited to being a newbie ... And I went for the XJ6 N. It is a great bike, and I love it too!!

My name is Jo, I live near Edinburgh. I work shifts full time which makes having a life practically impossible. Hoping my bike will help with that.

Any hoo ... hoping I will learn stuff from some like minded folk? :)

Cheers

Jo

PS hope I've posted in the right place ... I'm new to this social media stuff as well as bikes :/

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Oh yes, thank you, thank you.

Oh a proper introduction in the proper place, you are very welcome mate.

Few Scotts on here, (watch out for Blackhat250) he always gets lost.

• Like 1

:wavey: hello and welcome. They both sound like lovely bikes. Would love to see them. :) Check the FAQ section for help posting pics.
  • Like 2

:welcome:

• Like 2

Wicked stuff - Welcome Jo!

• Like 2

Hi jo" we [ triples boys] ride to South Queens ferry often in summer,, , :jossun: . good choice the XJ, .Just don" let wild foamy know what the N stands for, :spin2:

And Cynic " get lost ,, :finger:

• Like 1

Hi and welcome to the mad house.

• Like 1

good choice the XJ, .Just don" let wild foamy know what the N stands for, :spin2:

Am i gonna need a jockanese translator here?... :razz:

tatties and neeps and all that jazz.

ugh, men! you're all the same...

My name is Jo, I live near Edinburgh. I work shifts full time which makes having a life practically impossible. Hoping my bike will help with that.

Hey there, im Foamy, nice to meet you ;)