SR125 MOT failure today �

AndrewElvisFan
This post is 3684 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Cheers! I've double checked the bike over now using google and YouTube so should be good. Should have done that a week ago I guess!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Dont worry about being on L plates at squires .. we dont fly,,,and foamys on a 50cc :jossun:

Sorry guys - forgot to post the results. As Airhead said - Here's to another 12 months! :)

• Like 1

Sorry guys - forgot to post the results. As Airhead said - Here's to another 12 months! :)

FF for that. I'd keep checking the bike through the year anyway, so when it comes to MOT time, there will be little to do.

I do my checking when I wash them, i ride fairly aggressively so I need it to be in top condition

I'm slowly getting the hang of what to check for. Aggressive riding doesn't really come into it in my case though!

I'm slowly getting the hang of what to check for. Aggressive riding doesn't really come into it in my case though!

I don't ride aggressively, just don't hang about but I get your point.

• Like 1

Going 40mph 0r 100mph and something lock's up a wheel or the brakes suddenly fail...well the result is not much different..

My motto to a safe ride is ,,,wash check anything that spins,rotates,or floats (save the actual floats) or bolted on every month or 1500 kms on a road bike and every ride on a off road bike.

I actualy wash my bike quick after every ride(not just a quick 1-3hr ride but a RIDE) but that is not needed,I just hate to see my bike dirty.

It will save you money in the long run cause you will catch things before they wear prematurly for lack of lube/adjustment/retighting.

Once you get into the habbit of lubing /checking/thighting/adjusting/cleaning..then you will rarley ever have anything break or need recovery.

Some say a watched pot never boils ,but then again it never makes a mess,like a unattended one.

Good luck and here's to a biking trouble free year :eusa_think:

Thw sr is a great learning bike so when you get a big bike and everything wears 4x as fast you will know how to and when to.

4x as fast?? That would be ok if I was in a country where I could only ride for only 3 months of the year!

Going 40mph 0r 100mph and something lock's up a wheel or the brakes suddenly fail...well the result is not much different..

My motto to a safe ride is ,,,wash check anything that spins,rotates,or floats (save the actual floats) or bolted on every month or 1500 kms on a road bike and every ride on a off road bike.

I actualy wash my bike quick after every ride(not just a quick 1-3hr ride but a RIDE) but that is not needed,I just hate to see my bike dirty.

It will save you money in the long run cause you will catch things before they wear prematurly for lack of lube/adjustment/retighting.

Once you get into the habbit of lubing /checking/thighting/adjusting/cleaning..then you will rarley ever have anything break or need recovery.

Some say a watched pot never boils ,but then again it never makes a mess,like a unattended one.

Good luck and here's to a biking trouble free year :eusa_think:

Thw sr is a great learning bike so when you get a big bike and everything wears 4x as fast you will know how to and when to.

Can give you a pefect exmple. I found oil near the front of the engine whilst cleaning the bike. There was also a damp gasket (so it looked) on the rh cyl.

After id washed the bike mentally counting the cost of a top end service.... gulp. I had another look, the oil pump feed pipe (that runs between the exhausts above the motor) had baked hard and was weeping oil. With little effort it broke off, was prepared with a plug.

That could have failed at any time siezing the motor and covering my back wheel/tyre in 2stroke.

You have to constantly check your bike....

Ever since I had the chain break on me I have been checking for leaks etc. didnt cross my mind that the bearings woul have been shot! Even jacked the car up the other day to check for wobble on that - though I'd like to think I'd feel if they were failing!

Part failure is natures way of telling you a part needs replacing. The same as rain is natures way of washing bikes and stupidity is natures way to improve mankind.

• Like 1

Glad it passed dude, my fireblade is about due an MOT, dont think i will bother this year, stick it in the shed beside the DT the back tyre needs changing and i cant afford to splash out on a new one if im never going to ride it :shakeno:

i miss my XJ600 where tyres were £30-£40...