UK Vehicle tax changes fyi

nayruf
This post is 3708 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I think good.

PIA going to the post office as there are always big queues and doing it online is what I do now

Personally, i think its bullshit.

So if you change registered keepers the tax becomes invalid, what is happening here is people are essentially going to be cancelling their tax part way through the term if they sell their vehicle before it expires, and the new buyer has to pay full whack to tax it again, just another way to screw more money out of the motoring public

utter bollocks imho, its been working fine the way we have it for the past fuck knows how many years.

and i have never been able to tax/sorn a vehicle online after changing keepers (i.e. trying to sorn a newly purchased vehicle) which means printing off another form and buying another postage stamp from royal snail.

Great,,, direct debt monthly/ 6 monthly. good for hard up time of year, :yeah:

Think of the shops that have all them tax disc holders on the shelf,,,, :thumbdown:

Not a massive fan as I think anyone selling a car will struggle as people,like to buy a car ready to drive not buy it to tax it then drive away a day or so later. Not sold to be honest

Not a massive fan as I think anyone selling a car will struggle as people,like to buy a car ready to drive not buy it to tax it then drive away a day or so later. Not sold to be honest

I agree, I think it might stuff up many private secondhand vehicle sales if the VED is not transferable with change of ownership, I can see that second hand cars will become sold at sites or by people who have a premisis where the vehicle can be stored until a new VED has been obtained for the new owner,

Also think it may force dealers offer less on a part ex just because they "could" pressure you saying will struggle to sell with no tax, seems like a loose loose situation

Good idea assuming;

That any direct debit (it looks like continuous authority to take the cash) is stopped when you tell them.

That a seller tells the DVLA after you have picked up a vehicle and driven/ridden home.

That you do actually get the refund of non used tax.

It would help if there was a phone app to tax the vehicle at the roadside using your phone.

I dont think bike tax can be paid in monthly dd - well it wasnt included in previous infomation.

Great if you drive a big car that you can budget for the tax monthly.

I'm all for doing away with displaying the tax disc, I've twice had mine stolen, but the only thing I don't like is

When selling a vehicle to a new vehicle keeper, the vehicle tax will no longer be transferable. Vehicle tax will end when a vehicle is sold and the new keeper will need to get the vehicle taxed immediately before the vehicle can be used.

When somebody is selling/buying a bike one of the main selling/buying points is that it's taxed and mot'd.

Does that mean that you can't go and view a bike and if you like it, pay for it then ride it back home?

I'm all for doing away with displaying the tax disc, I've twice had mine stolen, but the only thing I don't like is

When selling a vehicle to a new vehicle keeper, the vehicle tax will no longer be transferable. Vehicle tax will end when a vehicle is sold and the new keeper will need to get the vehicle taxed immediately before the vehicle can be used.

When somebody is selling/buying a bike one of the main selling/buying points is that it's taxed and mot'd.

Does that mean that you can't go and view a bike and if you like it, pay for it then ride it back home?

I also think it could mean, as Tax cannot be retrospectively purchased and the Tax is not transferable between owners, if you buy a vehicle on the 5th of a month you won’t be able to have valid tax till the end of the month so I assume there will be quite a few untaxed vehicles waiting to be come legit, this is why I think second hand vehicle sales could be affected,

Never had the lame thing displayed anyway in one of those naff holders, so all good :eusa_whistle:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online