Another bike on the horizon

welshwan
This post is 3765 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Won a bike on ebay. should be going to pick it up this weekend!

Unfortunately not a yammy, AGAIN

I love big singles, and kick starters (it would seem) :eusa_whistle:

So the bike is a 1990 Suzuki DR 650 RS. more of an adventure looking bike then the usual DR650.

$_58.JPG

$_58.JPG

Main reason for another bike, is just the thought of taking my husky out on the gritted roads makes me want to cry, as does thinking about riding it a very far distance. Hopefully this should be just the ticket.

What do you lot think? YES i know, it looks rather dated, but i'm not trying to look cool for the other bikers lol. i'll let the power rangers do their thing, and the big 1200 BMW riders do theirs. This seems like a pretty good all rounder? Also this bike has pillion pegs, which could come in very handy. lol

Pretty sure my husky is more powerful but not really ideal for hour after hour on the tarmac. Really seems a waste of such a hardcore off-roader. Plus the 5 hour oil change intervals can get pretty annoying after a week of riding everyday.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Looking good mate, pretty retro haha!

Should make an ideal winter hack though.

Very retro.... Built for purpose, nae looks it would seem. But then again, maybe it looked cutting edge back in the day?

It's SLIGHTLY older then i am.

i must say the looks are starting to grow on me the more i look at the pics though :jossun:

Yeah it was properly seen as cutting edge! Lol.

That rear rack looks like it was made from recycled ironing boards or something haha.

Nice one Welsh,

Is it a runner or have you got to do a few bits to get it on the road?

Nice one Welsh,

Is it a runner or have you got to do a few bits to get it on the road?

Runner, 11 months MOT B)

Sweet! I've been looking at bikes along those lines as a winter hack.

My DT is starting to suffer bless it and I want to keep the triumph as shiny as possible.

How much did it set you back if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks everyone!

i know what you're saying about not wanting to use certain bikes through the winter.

This bike set me back the grand total of £840 (40 more then my XT did). With 11 months MOT and i think 5 months tax.

Also insurance is crazy cheap, £108 third party, fire and theft- at age 21.

• Like 1

Looking good numbers wise then! That's crazy cheap insurance!

Yeh" looks like the first Dakar style bikes, :yeah: , its on every night on Euro sport bye the way. 9 pm,

Any way welshy , my mates just stripped a quadzilla engine, since you like big singles , am gonna take a photo , to show you the Piston ,its megga, :icon_eek: ,

Just googled honda dominater - they look very similar and even closer specs! - how was it?

Yeah i was shocked with the insurance quote- the husky is like £350 a year with only 3rd party cover.

Does kind of look like a dakar bike, don't it! if you can get a pic- do share!

I THINK the front wheel is 21 inch grouch!