Does anyone play the guitar?

Grouch
This post is 3785 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

The guitars I left with my daughter are:

Fender Strat (red one like Hank Marvin :headbang: )

Farida 6 string acoustric

Tanglewood 12 string acoustic (the one my daughter has most trouble with but swears she'll learn to play it)

I'd love to have the 12 string with me but in the shoebox I live in there just ain't room :shakeno:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Not guitar, but I play the Mandolin, albeit badly

Bleeding Ell Jimmy, play us "mandolin wind" and "Maggie may"

Yep, its my other passion. Have 11 guitars (ESP, Washburn Schecter etc.), 5 basses and recording studio set up in the house. In two bands who play here in the UK and abroad. Don't ask - you'll hate them, trust me.

An hour a day would be good, but its not easy to find time like that.

Personally I found that even 10 minutes a day is better than nothing and I found it more important to practise every day rather than not practising because I couldn't fit in a longer time.

I don't seem to get any time to practice. I can only play one riff and I've got 5 guitars :( I've bought some DVDs and look on YouTube. There's a few guys on YouTube who are really good teachers.

Its a case of making time, like I said earlier you don't need long sessions, just regular, my guitars are kept out on a stand so that they are always to hand, so you can just pick one up, you don't have to plug an electric in either just to practice.

• Like 1

Its a case of making time, like I said earlier you don't need long sessions, just regular, my guitars are kept out on a stand so that they are always to hand, so you can just pick one up, you don't have to plug an electric in either just to practice.

I used to keep mine on a stand but I have three cats and the we're knocking them and chewing them etc. I've just bought one of those hooks you drill I to the wall.

I like this site for gathering songs

http://www.chordie.com/

Good site

Arghh yes cooking fats are not the best things to be let loose near a guitar, I have two dogs but they completely ignore them, although the younger one 11 months runs away when I play, not sure what that means though... :spin2:

One of my cats does he is scared of the sound. They fight and run around like psychos so I had to put them in my cupboard. I would die if one of my guitars got damaged, the tiniest scratch would enrage me haha.

The RSPCA will be on to you, putting your cats in a cupboard indeed :eusa_shifty:

Haha one of my cats sits on my amp, must like it when the tubes get warm!

The RSPCA will be on to you, putting your cats in a cupboard indeed :eusa_shifty:

Not sure whether your joking but for the record I meant put my guitars in the cupboard.