Found my next bike :)

bippo
This post is 3965 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I appreciate that Drewps!

Your comment regarding snow is exactly why I was looking at an adventure-style bike. Had a few hairy experiences over the Pennines in winter...! Anything that can make it a little less scary is a plus!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

So my bike is now at the garage! They just need to prep it and load it up with the free accessories.

The annoying thing is my driving licence is still with the DVLA after passing my test. I sent it off straight away to get my 'A' category added. The garage need a copy of this - really frustrating knowing that the bike will be ready later this week and I may not be able to pick it up!!

Still, nothing stopping me from trekking over to Chesterfield for a sneaky peek at it...! :ph34r:

yer it took me a while to get mine back from the DVLA, will they not even accept the certificates that you got? they prove you have a full ticket

It's typical isn't it - the non-urgent things I've done with the DVLA have been turned around really quickly (licence renewal, name and address change over the years).

I think it's because I actually need my licence back that its dragging! All in my head I'm sure...

I did share all my certificates and other ID (passport etc) with the garage and they took copies. I'm hoping it'll suffice, but he did ask me to bring my full licence when it was returned. You never know, their Sales Manager might be happy with the documentation they already have.

I just need to sit tight for a call to say the bike is ready!

I change my licence a few weeks ago... take some like 4-5 days I guess 1 day for sending the mail, 2-3 days procesing, one day send me back with mail... also my wife change her licence and take just a few days.

they need the licence for register the bike. don`t ask me why you need to have a licence to register a bike lol. you can buy anytime a registered bike and you don`t need a licence for this :)))

Ahh you're lucky then - mine would have been away for 2 weeks tomorrow. They do say it can take that long to return them. Just typical!

Ahh you're lucky then - mine would have been away for 2 weeks tomorrow. They do say it can take that long to return them. Just typical!

I can`t say they are fast when I speak about the bike papers. I buy the bike on 21 apr, and I still don`t get my bike papers :))

Good choice Bippo, I would have gone for the XC myself, nice big front wheel for soaking up those potholes on the rough tracks we call roads in the UK!

Good choice Bippo, I would have gone for the XC myself, nice big front wheel for soaking up those potholes on the rough tracks we call roads in the UK!

Thanks! The XC was way too tall for me, even on the lowest seat setting. More expensive too. I'll just have to continue navigating around the road craters. D'oh! :-(

Lol.I.know what you.mean, my old man has a white xc, and I have really short legs, but I quitelike it. I tend to keep my feet up as much as possible!

So I picked up my bike first thing this morning. Funnily enough I wasn't nervous about riding it, instead it was the thought of just getting on the bike in front of the showroom, silly i know. The bike is quite tall and I had visions that I'd smack my leg into the pillion seat. So that's exactly what I did... Idiot!

Anyway, second attempt and I was on. Then my nerves moved onto the height of the bike and starting to think about stopping on roads with an uneven surface. but i pushed that to the back of my mind and set off for the 40ish mile trip home over the Pennines.

En route I stopped off at an industrial park to practice some slow speed manoeuvres, just to become acquainted with my new steed. The ride home was fun, and even the rain didn't put a downer on things.

Once I got home, I dropped off all the paperwork etc then went out for another ride. I even went on the motorway for the first time ever on a bike. The screen and fairing made it a pleasant experience actually. However I soon got bored and made my way back to the twisties!

The height is now less of a concern, so I think if I continue to gain confidence in the bike I won't find myself thinking about that too much. My main observation is how heavy it is when pushing it. Blokes may find it easier I don't know, but I've already pulled both my arms while trying to straighten it up outside my house, ha ha!

8b782694810448657c0a8445eca84f5b.jpg

e694e2ef6e8982b7bd1975d38fea9ffa.jpg

• Like 3

that's a really nice lookin bike bipp, don't worry about the weight, its not all about strength you'l get the hang of it. I bet the ybr felt heavy to push at first

FUCK YEAH! nice one bippo!

Bet you are loving life- nice looking bike too.

Need to get your self to some bike meets now and show off the new ride B)

Good on ya Bippo! I'm happy for you! Beautiful bike... and she's all yours!! :thumb:

Thanks guys! And Tommy, I'm sure you're right, I do remember being phased by the YBR too.

It was funny, whenever stationary in traffic, I thought a nice bike had stopped behind me because of the noise from the exhaust. Then I realised it was me!! Made me smile - the YBR was so quiet, any loud bike just drowned it out (as you'd expect from a 125).

Nice bike bippo, just need a nice fruity pipe to drown out that triple whine!

• Like 1

Lovely bike bips

welcome to the world of Brit bikes. We'll get you on to an auld Triumph in no time. Here a pic of your bikes uncle

250px-TRIUMPH_TIGER_TRAIL_750_TR7T__zps9

Are you leaving the topbox on, or just keeping it for when needed