oh ffs i have been 'Grouched'

Cynic
This post is 3991 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Rebuilding the dt has been frustrating in many ways this time but the engine is sweet now. I have never felt it stronger.

So strong in fact that the kin kick start bust this morning. Not fair. Compression too to bump it as well. Needed 4th to turn over and i cant run that fast ha ha.

Bugger!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Looks like we have invented a new word "GROUCHED" as in ffs why did that break? Or where is the nearest motor cycle repair shop as I am f***ing useless at fixing things! (sorry grouch :biglaugha: )

Bad luck Cynic you will have to stop reading Grouches posts!

All done. Thanks to the european union rules that nobody else follows i got an early day.

Quick dig through my junk.....er spares stock. There you go. Spare kickstart.

Not so bugger.

Looks like we have invented a new word "GROUCHED" as in ffs why did that break? Or where is the nearest motor cycle repair shop as I am f***ing useless at fixing things! (sorry grouch :biglaugha: )

Bad luck Cynic you will have to stop reading Grouches posts!

It's true I am, and the sad thing is my dad is very practical and can fix almost anything to washers to laptops. I did not inherit his skills.

No Offence meant Grouch, just pulling your leg, you will get better at it once you start to fix your own bike just have to learn as you go mate. All the guys and girls on here have had a laugh at your expence but we all want you to succeed, so ask your questions cos we will all help out if we can. :jossun:

No Offence meant Grouch, just pulling your leg, you will get better at it once you start to fix your own bike just have to learn as you go mate. All the guys and girls on here have had a laugh at your expence but we all want you to succeed, so ask your questions cos we will all help out if we can. :jossun:

I am pretty useless at fixing things.

Also I know most people mean no malice when having a laugh at my misfortune. So it doesn't bother me.

Well maybe one day it will be your turn to point and take the piss when one of us buys a money pit, just a shame i got rid of my Jawa, that thing was forever messing about...

its definately worth doing the smaller stuff yourself, things like changing wheel bearings, you could probably buy a pair for under a tenner, removal is rarely more than finding a long drift (i used a 1/2" bar of steel i found kicking around in the workshop) and punching them out from the back with a hammer, maybe warming them with a blowtorch if they put up a fight, after that you can progress to doing larger jobs :)

Bloody ell cynic" that good compression.. :yeah: Well i got grouched big time,, Zl900 was on ebay,,, sold to guy from Manchester,

he came up today,,, its M.o.t -ed. Runnig great all week , idled for 5 mins ,, he takes it for a ride,, i hears it spluttering,,, brings it back - on 3 cylnders,,,fuel pissing out , . so bang goes the sale :eusa_snooty: fuckin four stokes,,,and bang goes my Fazer1000... :eusa_doh:

It's true I am, and the sad thing is my dad is very practical and can fix almost anything to washers to laptops. I did not inherit his skills.

oh you inherited them all right ....................

only you got them in reverse haha

• 1 month later...

Iv also been Grouched recently, 60 miles on a new tyre riding round the peaks aaaand...

20130507_174530_zps8826c946.jpg

ruined my day thats for sure, luckily i was only going slowly filtering through traffic. This is the culprit:

20130507_193652_zpsd9ee2062.jpg

Went through the bottom of the tyre and out the side wall, completely trashed, waited 2 hours for a recovery truck =(

Was around the south of the peak district, was such a good day until then.

Haha yeah sure.. thing is though youre not the first person to claim it!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online