bike advice

kearnsy123
This post is 4139 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

A friend of mine is leaveing for canada soon and he asked me if i wanted to buy his bike its a 2003 honda cbr 600rr its looks amazing . Im seriously thinking of buying it as hes doin me a good deal . I cant affored an R1 at the min so this is affordable alto the missus will prob throw me out haha but i no its no yamaha but has anyone any advice on these bikes are they a good bike . He never had a problem with it bit he hardly used it . Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yeah its looking good its yellow two . Its no r1 but il get there sum day . Thanks

This R1 obssesion with everone is overated, a good guy on a R6 ,, Wins hands down,,, R1 is straight liners machine,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moNytwmHFCI

Thanks for the replys . Hopeing to pick it up tommorow and my insurance are allowing me to insure it as a second bike so il b keeping my fazer aswell

Thanks for the replys . Hopeing to pick it up tommorow and my insurance are allowing me to insure it as a second bike so il b keeping my fazer aswell

result...

you can never have to many bikes

You are smart to keep the fazer. That honda is a track weapon. Well ridden it is as fast in most cases as an r1. But fk me the thing is unforgiving.

Yeah, its a nationwide problem :/

yes my friend and going by your list of bikes you fit into that bracket aswell lol...

seriously i had 2 full size bike, pitbike and the nephews little quad in my garage - it was like being caught fingering nextdoors cat the look on her face when she seen them all in the shed, pure disgust!!!

a piss ive only gone and spilt me beer on the frickin couch........

You can't really go wrong with any machine wich is not produced in China/Korea.
If you are stupid enough to buy Chinese bike, you deserve everything you have coming.

Have ta agree with Blackhat on this one. R6 is as good as R1 on a track or twisty roads.

The 600RR your getting is a fast bike, very much the same as the blade.

Cynic is also right,,,, they are unforgiving,,,,,get it wrong going into a corner and your in big trouble.

I had the older version CBR600F, fine bike also but uncomfortable, the RR feels like it has twice the power so you need to really get to know the bike before you push your limits on it.

Good realiable bike, good engine, frame, brake and all the rest,,,,,nice to look at but more than an hour ride and you will be feeling sore.

I wouldnt give up my Fazer for one of them anyway.

Fazer is a good bike allround.

Well the sale of the cbr fell tru and i mean fell tru my mate let a fella test drive it and he used front brake in the wet the bike went down and over . Handle bars . Tank and the plastics r wrecked lucky enuf my mate got cash inhand bfore test drive .so thats me looking again . I found a yamaha r1 . 1999 with 32k on the clock mite view it diseve could i have sum advice on what to check bfore i buy thanks

Fsh or walk away.

They are all powerd by intel (da da de da)these days. If its a mint early carb then grab it and check your life insurace.

The r1 is on donedeal.ie black kildare

I reckon its an r6 or a cbr for me the r1 diseve a great bike but two powerful and wasted on the roads i drive on daily thanks everyone for the advice