ARRRRGH the waiting is the worst........

Cynic
This post is 4703 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Merv asked for some piccies once they were finished. Paul sends photo's of them so you can see em before he sends them to you.

In the pics they look spot on, the gold looks to be just right too. Not anodised, both the hubs and rims have been powder coated as obviously neither the rims or hubs are new enough for anodising without extensive (expensive) work.

More so with the rims as the front has a repair :( (you have to know where to look to see it though) and it means i still have ALL the original bits on the bike.

Anyway, all in for under 250quid, rims and hubs were strpped then powder coated, new stainless spokes made specifically for each application. None too shabby i think. Have to see em in the flesh but that will be Saturday when i pick em up.

I have left the images deliberately big so you can see em better.

This is the fellow's web site, deserves a plug so far.....SFX Wheels

SDC12049.jpg

SDC12050.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thems are lookin the dawgz Jason B)

Very nice Jason

Merv

Look nice mate, just out of interest, is that a matt gold finish? and how long from drop off to pick up ?, I ask because the place I use for powdercoating generally takes a fortnight, which seems a long time to me.

Look nice mate, just out of interest, is that a matt gold finish? and how long from drop off to pick up ?, I ask because the place I use for powdercoating generally takes a fortnight, which seems a long time to me.

3 weeks, although that is including the 'men in brown' getting them there. That is stripping the wheel, he needs it complete for the spoke pattern and examples of the spokes. These are used to sourse replacement stainless ones he has made which takes a week.

Then the powder coating is done, he can do any colour you like with powder coat, obviously i wanted a flat gold to match the TDR finish. If you want he will anodise as well. Just anodising the base has to be perfect. Then obviously he has to build and true the wheel.

Gorgeous colour jase" :rolleyes: i did my husqvarna wheels similar colour ,, few years ago,,, be ready for the long haul noth in sept then B)

They look the dogs danglies Cynic

If you squint very tightly they could be mistaken for them, I suppose ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice mate, post up a pic when they're back on.

Here you go Paul.

DSC00238.jpg

DSC00239.jpg

DSC00236.jpg

If you really look you can find little bits that may have been done better but for the money its being picky, esp as she is a daily driver but then on a boring show bike you would spend the extra. Seeing how getting this done by Hagon would see no change from 500+ and similar from central wheel (cost me 230ish) i'm a happy bunny. Esp the shade of gold its perfect.

I mised this post,,,,,,was wondering had you started your wheel refurb yet :unsure:

Anyway they look deadly,,,,,,me likes the colour a lot :thumb:

Jason,, i think you should seriously Give me that bike :lol: i can collect whenever suits ya

Very nice. Now I know what will be behind me on the way to the YOC show ;)

Cough behind! Didn't know we were using straight roads..... TDR's hunt on corners :loser:

Cough behind! Didn't know we were using straight roads..... TDR's hunt on corners :loser:

;)

Twisties are good for me. Let hope we are both buzzing when we get there....................................... Lets hope we both get there :D

;)

Twisties are good for me. Let hope we are both buzzing when we get there....................................... Lets hope we both get there :D

My thinking, leave yours after checking your kettle works at maybe 10 then head across to the coast, run up the eastern side of the country, chips on skeggy sea front, cup of coffee in Brid, that kind of thing and get to the site 6ish for some fried sumthing and a couple of pints.

Neither of us will know the roads so speeds will be nice and safe and no boredom etc just discovering a part of the country i havent seen from a motorcycle. :D

230 miles or thereabouts. You will have to stop for fuel 4 times :lol: :lol: :lol: I might just about make it on empty including reserve.

Sounds like a plan. Do we need a satnav or do you know the way?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online