Please read this-it WILL effect you

barkwindjammer
This post is 4981 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

snipped from the Motorcycle news, have a read at the article and take the opportunity to fill in the questionnaire at the bottom, there is only 3 WEEKS consultation time before this proposal is moved up a notch :o

its expensive enough these days to keep a bike on the road, Brussels plan to make it harder

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/General-news/2010/September/sep2210-euro-moto-threat/

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

made my views known, although the questions are squewed to force you to answer which "yes" you would like to respond with!! cheeky barstewards

getting paranoid reading about all these rules and regulations that europe keep coming up with in relation to motorcycles some one seems to have it in for us. :blink:

the sooner somebody does something about all those arseholes driving about on four wheels with there mobiles clamped to there ears not paying attention twice this week i have had a lucky escape should be a 3 month ban then they might learn.

Personally, my biggest gripe is the proposal to make the testing and information data-bases a 'uni-lateral' system, in my opinion the more information thats collated the more fnck ups that happen, it all becomes way too complicated for 'inputers' to handle and goes tits up-recent example is the HMRC tax mess, how many have heard of the DVLA sending drivers licenses back with categories missing?(this happened to a Police Chief inspector !), or not getting them returned at all, Home Office and NHS discs going missing, Bank customer data discs turning up in bus stations etc etc

These are my own opinions and in no way de-mean or slander any one in particular-but-the bottom line seems to be that technology is making life more difficult, which is a paradox, its supposed to make our lives easier !

technology systems and data-bases are becoming more and more complex and are run/administered by humans and we're not 'keeping up', remember the old days when you went to a bank with a book and the teller lifted an inked stamp and thumped your book and a receipt,-counted the money in or out-job done :mellow:

:angry: I need to go chop some more wood,,,,,

This one will help you decide whether you get 'nissed as a pewt' this weekend or not

What are they trying to do to us ? :huh:

HELP ! ! ! :unsure:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/39265847

Ten years from now (mabey 5) the ordinary people of any country will have no say whatsoever in the way they live there lives.

We will all be told what to do and when to do it.

Much the same way as what Hitler was trying to do. rule the world.

They will go on and on till the whole thing is such a mess that kayous will brake out and from then on we will be a damed nation.

The whole of Europe is allready ruled by a few persons that call the shots.

We, as humans are diseptable to error and mistakes and because of this, in time, We Will Fail.

"excuse my spelling"

Um, excuse me for getting all "boffin-ey", but the EU, nor any IGO, can remove one nations sovereignty.

Therefore, if GB don't like it, then they don't HAVE to impose it, nobody can ENFORCE it. The only "problem" is that then we have to leave the EU.

Now, this sparks a whole new debate: what HAS the EU done for us? Well it's made our recession come about quicker, it's made many lose their jobs through loose immigration policies, it's limited farmers to how much they can farm (and to what they farm - e.g. the EU state you can only grow straight cucumbers, or curly ones, but I forgot which one... they've already changed it twice!), it's depreciated the value of our currency within Europe, it's not provided any more security than already was from NATO, it's allowed the Nazi activist and holocaust denier NICK GRIFFIN get any sort of political foothold, it's allowed Nazi and Fascist wings of German and French politics into it's European parliament, all whilst supposedly protecting our "human rights", and now, AND NOW!, ANNNNNNNNND NOWWWWWWWWW! they are trying to take away/make harder the LAST remaining passion of mine (apart from ranting) - MOTORCYCLING.

Come on guys, isn't it time we left this homogenising, global-socially polarising, piece.of.sh!t?

And ride our bikes with NO helmets and NO safety rules and NO CLOTHES ON! (appealing to some of us :P )

Just my two pence :)

Chris

And ride our bikes with NO helmets and NO safety rules and NO CLOTHES ON!

Ha did that at the first MCN Skeggy do, right laugh :D No body gave a Fk, some of the other 'holidaymakesrs' with some cheap arsed tickets got the hump, otherwise it was a lot of harmless fun.

And thats my point. A couple of thousand people, drink, probably a bit of smoke. A lot of motorcycles. Anybody arrested? hurt? Accidents? None that i was aware of. Just a lot of people having a real good time. If the political idiots ran that you wouldn't be allowed to do any of it. Health and safety etc. We don't need it.

I know im simply a 16 year old but there is a legal "loop hole" around every single law that the EU and government can throw at us and this is one word "religion" I believe if a group larger than 50 people come together you can call yourselves a religion I know not whether this is rumour but techincally we could save our own skins with this one?

I know im simply a 16 year old but there is a legal "loop hole" around every single law that the EU and government can throw at us and this is one word "religion" I believe if a group larger than 50 people come together you can call yourselves a religion I know not whether this is rumour but techincally we could save our own skins with this one?

Dude, I'm 17, there's nothing wrong with how old ya are!

Saying that I think it has to be more than 50 people maybe? Seems a bit too easy to get away with...

I remember something going round on the last government census, where people worked out that if over 3000 people said they were a certain religion then it became "official"... and so there was a plan for thousands to put "jedi" down as their religion... which never happened.

Anybody else know anything about EU Laws? I'll ask more about them in I.R class on monday... we do a lot about the EU.

And in reply to Cynic (haven't got this multi quote thing sorted yet!) - yeah we get that loads at rallies - people going nuts etc, nothing ever happens... and it's all a good laugh...!

Dude, I'm 17, there's nothing wrong with how old ya are!

Saying that I think it has to be more than 50 people maybe? Seems a bit too easy to get away with...

I remember something going round on the last government census, where people worked out that if over 3000 people said they were a certain religion then it became "official"... and so there was a plan for thousands to put "jedi" down as their religion... which never happened.

Anybody else know anything about EU Laws? I'll ask more about them in I.R class on monday... we do a lot about the EU.

And in reply to Cynic (haven't got this multi quote thing sorted yet!) - yeah we get that loads at rallies - people going nuts etc, nothing ever happens... and it's all a good laugh...!

Usually us "young people's" view/ideas get written off :P hence why I said that :)

And 50 was the number that I can remember but is probarbly inaccurate the reason I said this idea is because today in government and politics we were talking about the EU and such like. I would enjoy to see if we could avoid some of these money making taxes with a "Yammyism"(first idea of religion name) excuse and who knows what else we could do :P

Errm, i think you will find that "Jedi" is an official religion and in quite a few countries including the UK.

So the group of people who decided to do something as a joke actually made a change. 

Iirc, I remember reading about a guy who was kicked out/banned from a tescos or jobcenter for not removing his hood, he complained and said it was part of his religion (being a jedi) and got some kind of apology, as there is rules to protect muslims concerning hoods/veils or what ever they are called.

Oh and age is just a number and doesn't make your opinion any less valid or important. Might make you a lucky sod though :P . ( ahh to be 16/17 again)

Errm, i think you will find that "Jedi" is an official religion and in quite a few countries including the UK.

So the group of people who decided to do something as a joke actually made a change. 

Iirc, I remember reading about a guy who was kicked out/banned from a tescos or jobcenter for not removing his hood, he complained and said it was part of his religion (being a jedi) and got some kind of apology, as there is rules to protect muslims concerning hoods/veils or what ever they are called.

Oh and age is just a number and doesn't make your opinion any less valid or important. Might make you a lucky sod though :P . ( ahh to be 16/17 again)

Haha I stand corrected :)

I'm SOOOO using it next time I'm asked to remove my hood.

Saying that, it WON'T go down in france in a few months, will it! Them banning the burkah and all that...

BUT I don't mean to be a thread hijacker do i...

it;s a burka vez,,and i was told by a muzlem/paki or whoever that the burka is only part of the dress code not part of the religion,so they are worn by choice and alha won't mind iff they remove them.

AS or A2 govt and polts? :) It's a great course either way...

I'm up for Yammyism... :)

AS at the moment :) I'm really enjoying it so far. Nice to understand what goes on upstairs ;)

And I would love to avoid this idea from the EU :)

I filled out the Questionare, and let my voice be herd, at the end i said No to any more testing !

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online