Dear Mr Cage Driver

Madison Motorsport
This post is 5439 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Dear Mr Cage Driver,

I was riding pillion, minding my own business when you came so close to us, I almost swallowed my tongue whole. I was not the least bit impressed by your aggressive manner or your flashing lights. You followed us for several miles through town, cutting up other cages to keep with us and going through red lights. I hope you realise that was very naughty of you.

We came to an NSL zone and left you for dead, rapidly getting up to the speed limit within a couple of seconds. Again, you zoom up behind us getting dangerously close, your lights flashing in our mirrors. If we had to stop quickly, I have no doubt in my mind that I would have been sitting in your lap.

I watch you using your mobile phone while tailgating us. Do you realise what would have happened if a child had run out in front of us?

We finally stop at a set of traffic lights and you get out, steam coming from your ears - you're not in a good mood.

Next time Mr Cage Driver, please drive a marked squad car so we can recognise you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Skoda Octavia and Vauxhall Vectras in white, silver or black seem to be favoured by the unmarked 5.0 in Stoke peeps....just a headsup :ph34r:

Skoda Octavia and Vauxhall Vectras in white, silver or black seem to be favoured by the unmarked 5.0 in Stoke peeps....just a headsup :ph34r:

very good mate! i was expecting fisty cuffs in the end but oooh i was so wrong!

Skoda Superbs in black and Subaru Imprezas in full WRC kit in Brum last time I was up there

Red Honda Pan Euro and black BMW 5 ser plus Skodas in Lincolnshire

But at the Wednesday Wilingham Woods meet last year, they where turing up on all sorts of bikes, R1s, R6s, Gixers,even on a Moto Guzi done up as a Spanish police bike !!

• 4 months later...

Dear Mr Cage Driver,

I was riding pillion, minding my own business when you came so close to us, I almost swallowed my tongue whole. I was not the least bit impressed by your aggressive manner or your flashing lights. You followed us for several miles through town, cutting up other cages to keep with us and going through red lights. I hope you realise that was very naughty of you.

We came to an NSL zone and left you for dead, rapidly getting up to the speed limit within a couple of seconds. Again, you zoom up behind us getting dangerously close, your lights flashing in our mirrors. If we had to stop quickly, I have no doubt in my mind that I would have been sitting in your lap.

I watch you using your mobile phone while tailgating us. Do you realise what would have happened if a child had run out in front of us?

We finally stop at a set of traffic lights and you get out, steam coming from your ears - you're not in a good mood.

Next time Mr Cage Driver, please drive a marked squad car so we can recognise you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Please define a cage driver .... as I drive a cage and have no point with the police ... I know this post is old but I'm just interested as to what you define as a cage driver ?

Regards Jim

Cage driver is someone who gets in the car, switches on the radio, uses the heater and bimbles along, looking ahead only as far as the vehicle in front. They know they're perfectly safe with their roll bars, their airbags, their crumple zones, their ABS.... They're in a safety cage.

Consequently, the motherfuckers think nothing of bumping you out of their way and assume you will get out of their way because they're safer in their cage than you. This attitude may or may not be a consciously enforced approach, but the motives are the same.

Basically, the mass of idiots who don't want to be there, stuck in traffic and fucked off.

Those who don't realise or care that they're driving a weapon.

Typically, it's fecktard mothers in mini-4x4s and anyone else who has ever uttered the words, "Well, I'm safe".

reminds me of this

I saw you hug your purse closer to you in the grocery store line.

But, you didn't see me put an extra £10,00 in the collection plate last Sunday.

I saw you pull your child closer when we passed each other on the sidewalk.

But, you didn't see me playing Santa at the local mall.

I saw you change yourmind about going into the restaurant.

But, you didn't see me attending a meeting to raise more money for the hurricane relief.

I saw you roll up your window and shake your head when I drove by.

But, you didn't see me driving behind you when you flicked your cigarette butt out the car window.

I saw you frown at me when I smiled at your children.

But, you didn't see me when I took time off from work to run toys to the homeless.

I saw you stare at my long hair.

But, you didn't see me and my friends cut ten inches off for Locks of Love.

I saw you roll your eyes at our leather coats and gloves.

But, you didn't see me and my brothers donate our old coats and gloves to those that had none.

I saw you look in fright at my tattoos.

But, you didn't see me cry as my children were born and have their name written over and in my heart.

I saw you change lanes while rushing off to go somewhere.

But, you didn't see me going home to be with my family.

I saw you complain about how loud and noisy our bikes can be.

But, you didn't see me when you were changing the CD and drifted into my lane.

I saw you yelling at your kids in the car.

But, you didn't see me pat my child's hands, knowing he was safe behind me.

I saw you reading the newspaper or map as you drove down the road.

But, you didn't see me squeeze my wife's leg when she told me to take the next turn.

I saw you race down the road in the rain.

But, you didn't see me getting soaked to the skin so my son could have the car to go on his date.

I saw you run the yellow light just to save a few minutes of time.

But, you didn't see me trying to turn right.

I saw you cut me off because you needed to be in the lane I was in.

But, you didn't see me leave the road.

I saw you going home to your family.

But, you didn't see me because I died that day you cut me off.

I was just a biker...... a person with friends and a family.

But, you didn't see me.

Interesting Merv.....

But to most typical "Cagers" that would just go in 1 ear & right out the other. :rolleyes:

Scott

i am sorry to say you are very very right in your observation that a lot of cagers have nothing in between their ears too stop things escaping straight out of the other side.

merv

Cage driver is someone who gets in the car, switches on the radio, uses the heater and bimbles along, looking ahead only as far as the vehicle in front. They know they're perfectly safe with their roll bars, their airbags, their crumple zones, their ABS.... They're in a safety cage.

Consequently, the motherfuckers think nothing of bumping you out of their way and assume you will get out of their way because they're safer in their cage than you. This attitude may or may not be a consciously enforced approach, but the motives are the same.

Basically, the mass of idiots who don't want to be there, stuck in traffic and fucked off.

Those who don't realise or care that they're driving a weapon.

Typically, it's fecktard mothers in mini-4x4s and anyone else who has ever uttered the words, "Well, I'm safe".

oh Ok

I thought a Cage was this :-

DSCF0006.jpg

so I guess you are talking of Hedgehog drivers then !

Regards Jim

• 2 weeks later...

was wondering if itld be fine to post that poem posted by merv onto my facebook.. it really touched me :(

its true tho, them cagers dont see the good in us all, only the bad that they think they see!

the amount of times ive stopped to give way to people walking past, the smiles they have on...

NOTHING AT ALL like the smiles they have when i walk into tesco to buy bread and milk with a helmet hanging from my arm and my riding gear on.. its like im a flipping martian!

:offtopic: but had to be said :blush:

*edit*

just googled it and found it.. it seems to be over on various forums, one site calls it "A Good Book In A Bad Cover" by Brandon Hardin - incase anybody else wanted to post it someplace..

thanks