spain trip 2017

This post is 2391 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Finally made it back in one piece and as a virgin european rider, had a blast.

little Drewps all ready for the off

fhKqcH98nqKzg_clCwDAE5d4dBB-BMcGsHPAr8jU

5 in all went, me on the TDM, 2 other  mates on XJR1300 along with Tommy's and 1 on a  Triumph thruxton Ace special.

Took the Portsmouth Ferry to Bilbao where I picked up a screw in the back tyre so we got that fixed and had a drinky poos whilst waiting. The guy was 2014 24hr winner at Catalunya for Suzuki and his dad a champ in the 70's riding Montessa's.

first stop was Pamplona and the Albret Hotel. typical city centre hotel, but they had underground parking which was a bonus.

having a Leffe in an "Irish" pub

LjKAfu18Qd3ngdfq1C2B6uzGZShRe1t00KydNkMn

day 2 took us from Pamplona to castejon de sos, this was an amazing place, a little village and the best ride coming down the N260 at 9pm as the light faded, through this ravene, with the sound of the bikes echoing down was one of the many highlights of the trip.

this was the best place to stay IMHO Hotel PLaza, very traditional and great hosts. there was a fiesta going on and the small village was packed with guitar trio singin traditional spanish songs. great watch the senoras and senoritas dancing and the men doing those clapping beats

the next stop was to Viella which was a large ski town and again a fiesta was on, but not as personal as the last place.

here's some photos

haTbcbTNFFctOXzEFquYgr9fkrZ2TSL8sJNDGXXW

it was a bit hot too

yo5okrUdOYFVTnCyGhf9W6upxuZzUA7ebISxTDYH

bike struggled at 2000metres due to lack of air, ran very rich and had to keep revs at 4k which made thwe switchbacks interesting

sx5ZzWU5El4SnLc17hyb0ss7gzE-L64mGg0yEmI7

was like being on top of the world

aKnYruqvIYTt8ogt45JD4pd1LYhAZCH1PaWlatxD

so from Viella we did a round trip to Andorra, yes it was awful down in the main city but get up into the mountains and this is what greets you

MqTEeDS6i7TMTOCNnsLp6xLnMnudy3tXdYZMy1oW

OsYFwoKG75b3q_VuYE3JGotlpSI_N_-lPUjaYQBx

cyVgraJoDe_1oeIfvWIbQx6gW_HvTbGhI9O2jXZ8

it was a long day, 12 hours riding but it was worth it and had plenty of stops on the way.

aparently this was in top gear

XezcmgJ-cINHbMNLh_r9ee2ymcMpLIlePzjg_HKc

WCLrse3YUwu7pa0U_0GR_8_Wqp5lhP8igzpoJFPs

part 2 to follow

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sharing a Joke in Viella

36ueyUsU3Yln77N5R07hG3NrVVLmo0dTcnGWt38E

so from Viella we went into france and visited lourdes. we all agreed the french are rude and self centred. they don't give a shit about motorbikes and trhe only saving grace was a lovely girl who styed and got us pizzas when the shop was closing. she couldn't speak english so i got by  with my O level french

we were joined by a solo rider from Keswick, David, who never saw an English plate till now.

So we had a chat and bought him a coke

jCuW7NtigI4GT4D17SafvYwteGEpnuXJFYT7tIu-

QJoPjOGwnEj1MlXhmJY4ewcbN2OX_K0Y0WLBch4u

found this place ontop of the hill

YjgKzLyji5gO3Cvicnj_2nihxLhg0ig1C5rCHyXj

made it to Lourdes where Tommy went rounf the religious shops

45mggGVqyfuWyQ-PA606W4ghJ_RG9-hKsEbMvbfl

09Zqg9FdG0rarvQqVYuH-SBsU_Y2R7IYu2Z5oost

tqxt01DTTk6dK54uKEftNfxeM7OE04wt-00CFqva

back into Pamplona and knackered. next was to Santander and this "lovely" Hotel.

Imagine visiting your 80 yr old aunt and that musty smell in the house with furniture that is well past its sell by date

the adams family springs to mind

dB7cpnJ9e7ZcUhHW1hLTpBW0wVybnOia_8DVMI6Z

NTaAWFvR3AcP5hTjKsZ529T78utEabJcKJOYPszJ

eaqoiX-KMZYWpCAFgd2rVZhxzj6F6t1TRz1PujMP

we also did the "pots and Pans" in the Picos. basically Potes to Panes through a beautiful valley 10 miles long

the start

ScmEpogEFVb8Z-vT6bvCb4Exk0iTtWD9BVFzc7-4

waiting for the slow coaches

fKZeMmLhuiPBZdO3wHQi54ARFtbOOgLyu7TWg6_q

we aslo called into san Vincente do Baquetta, a lovely seaside town near Santander

Y6lH83o4znya_0cbWGkewVyEOFr2-dG2HqZqatXw

p1YDuawqaEUAcsB_1R0qPW3zXlYEGRcHoM12qUPD

KHKpx1LPi-boI73Zpf3zBUstjimZ-4FopzHjkRiq

then it was all over, waiting for the ferry

QKuXMNqlGU4KdaVWfyX2bu9S4NH2yHV3PuGh5lny

final view of spain

0K_vdLgUW5ArargqULrT5MLu5KMnvNzIcS4saeTN

A0LYnpGovVRhI3sQ2J-dcykOut7RtWJLyYLjV6jT

on the way back, we called into Weston bike night, it was rude not to ;)

K8wTIGOvlqjVBxqACEYkDfCw_qjWTJq__VBN8voy

and also Tintern Abbey

I9fNQr8uUc2RwaIAyK7mjlXOZoGFiPod5aTUpAnz

and also Ponderosa

sg_bABh9ozbMUkPCYVmr0P7h0m37H0Q5yEvy2Zjv

loads more photos here, knock yourself out

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipOWf2vd2amq6GdH7uNZRd_1vEdZDsndaNTh5UWc

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nope, same as Tommy, error 404 for me too.

I'm not jealous....... really I'm not...... no, I told you I'm NOT!.

1 hour ago, Cynic said:

Nope, same as Tommy, error 404 for me too.

I'm not jealous....... really I'm not...... no, I told you I'm NOT!.

try this then

https://goo.gl/photos/b7BKxTYmx9YeZHnj8

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Smashing photos Drewpy, well done all of you, like Cynic I'm not jealous. had my chance and SWMBO wasn't having it..! :shrug:

• Like 1

Drewps, tommo, looks like a brilliant trip and some of those roads look awesome, great pickies and great write up but what's with all the boots on the table, is it some Spanish tradition or what?

Likewise I'm not at all jealous no really I'm NOT

13 hours ago, meatloaf said:

Drewps, tommo, looks like a brilliant trip and some of those roads look awesome, great pickies and great write up but what's with all the boots on the table, is it some Spanish tradition or what?

Likewise I'm not at all jealous no really I'm NOT

it was some art installation at La Guardia.

imagine riding open roads with straights and twisties for 300km and don't need to stop, hot weather and road surface to die for, that's what we had going to Andorra

• Like 1

It was an amazing adventure with a great bunch of guys, best holiday I've ever had but don't tell Mrs xs I said that. I haven't posted any pics as we pooled all our pics on whatsapp and as I've not got to grips with flicker yet, I thought just leave it to Drew who done a better job than I would have done anyway.:D 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Oh wow that looked like fun, nice swoopy roads and lots to look at, next time..! :shrug:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online