Broken foot

Simon46
This post is 2496 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all broke my right foot getting out of the side door of my van after going to get a part. I tripped over something and landed sideways and rolled my foot over. Stepping hill hospital have given me an xray, aircast plastic boot,and crutches to repair my fractured cuboid and no 5 metatarsal bone. Is there anything you guys recommend that can speed up healing from experience?  Am told to do nothing lie on the settee but elevate it. 

Regards Simon 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

nasty, but you came away from stepping hill alive? well done :D

apart from hyperbolic chamber and plenty of glucosamine nothing else really

Cheers guys.

Hyperbaric chamber I would like but I dont earn £100000 a week. Yes am still alive and have watched telly for 16 hrs! YouTube, discovery, mini moke refurb, submarine u boat hydrogen peroxide propulsion, etc. I even want to convert that boot into an xt500 kickstart aid. Its strange having time on your hands to think...

Bugger simon, "  its your back brake foot,,    get out on the bike,,, its summer,,,,,,B)

Somewhere in my dads garage is my grandfather's mobility scooter with dead battery. Its 110 quid for a new one. Hmm

Sorry about that mate, bugger..! Watch Colin Furze, he will teach you how to get some fun out of a mobility scooter..! 6 weeks for full healing I'm afraid even then it will take 6 months to fully regrow. I got loads of broken bones and they still ache when it rains.

• Like 1

I put my Oxford thermal sock on this morning as its a tight fit. This afternoon I have driven the van, walked without crutches and walked with no boot. I wasn't given a sock as fracture clinic was closed on a Sunday and the nurse could not access it because she did not have the code (not her fault). Now the healing process is accelerated?

Just left foot started my dt. Smoke everywhere. 15 kicks. He starts in 3. I know the pump lets oil through when left. So good to hear him running because I am really bored of watching telly for 15 hrs a day. Rant over. 

On ‎02‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 4:49 PM, Simon46 said:

Just left foot started my dt. Smoke everywhere. 15 kicks. He starts in 3. I know the pump lets oil through when left. So good to hear him running because I am really bored of watching telly for 15 hrs a day. Rant over. 

Then you need to fix it. That pump is something you must be able to trust, if its wearing you may not be getting the oil you need to the engine.