virago 535 1988 1100 pounds

lallasro
This post is 3211 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

is that a fair price for a virago 1988 with under 20k miles guys? i`m tinking to buy a second bike.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Found this one http://www.motorcyclenews.com/bikes-for-sale/yamaha/xv535-virago/7646528/

Cheaper and 28K on the clock.

Seems a little high priced when you can get a 99 for the same money.

Yes, it sounds reasonable, so long as it's in good condition. Viggies tend to drop to a certain point, around £1,000-ish and then hold their value thereafter.

The one Slicey posted would probably be a better bet for the money though... and remember Viggie parts are getting scarcer.

No 650 Dragstars in need of a loving home around your way then, Lallasro? :)

you have a 650 tasky? i`m thinking to buy a bike as a project, eventually a winter bike. I have no idea what I want, just to not be expensive.

nice find slice :)

Actually - I *do* have most of a 650. The absent pieces are in the boot of a stripped-out Supra III, mainly exhausts, airbox, carbs, brakes and a couple other bits.

However, it's being done up to sell - The Ttaskmistress wants a reasonable amount of cash for it.

1988? I think that'll be one with the underseat tank. Limited range on them, only 100 miles or so. 

But usually with the option of adding the extra tank, no?

I think that have 2 tanks. the top tank is smallest one and the bigger under seat... but i`m not sure.. I read something on this forum about virago tanks but not sure if is about the 535 virago

IIRC, it is the 535 - One has only 8L, while the twin tank has 13L.

1988? I think that'll be one with the underseat tank. Limited range on them, only 100 miles or so. 

Limited......... ha. You just dont know what limited range is.

But usually with the option of adding the extra tank, no?

Can't remember the detail but yes you can replace the dummy tank with a proper tank, it was a common mod back in the day

If I remember correctly you will be lucky to 80 miles or so.

Las, if you're thinking about getting a winter hack, might I suggest a non-cruiser? Maybe a Yam faser, or a Honda CB? Something that can take all the winter crap? No cruiser really is a good winter bike. (too much shit to polish!).

Edited by Toutsuite
  • Like 1

I don`t really care what kind of bike is toutsuite, I want just a second bike, like a project and keep it for the winter. was a cruiser in this post just by accident, I was looking forcheap bikes. I have a lot of time because at this point, I need to stay with the kids home so my wife take all the job stuffs, she don`t like to stay with the kids.

That FJ1100 that Foamy has would probably see you sorted quite nicely...!

yeap, I saw it but I can`t ride it home because foamy are keeping this in boxes :)). I also want if to be in one piece so I can se what I remove from where so I know where to put it back. I don`t work on motorcycles all my life :). i`m looking for one that have the mot so I can ride it home. last time when I ask a company that transport bikes, they ask me to pay 300 pounds :)) anyway, for me 100 pounds is still to much to pay for transport. I saw one around 700 pounds in my area, I will ask for more infos.

...and I end up buying this piece of shit:

take me 5 miles to learn how to ride it :))

have problems with the clutch, after some time in gear 1 with the clutch pulled, is starting moving, also need some repair on faiting. mot untill feb 2016, 46.000 miles on the clock, 650 pounds. 

I will take a look tomorrow to see how bad is looking, in the night I can`t see to much :)) I really need some risers for handlebars because my back and neck is broken after 150 miles the way back to home.

just now I really start apreciate my midnightstar :))))

but I will learn to love this crap piece of shit ;)

at the moment, i`m very happy :D

Nice purchase! Probably just a bit of clutch drag, adjustment should sort it 

If you need a set of friction plates for it Lassy then I have some in the garage that your welcome to, I measured them when I got them (used) and they are well within tolerance. Nice find mate, you will grow to love it, take the tank off and the seat and there's practically nothing you can't get at for a service.

thank you slice, I don`t think the problem come from the plates, is coming from the slave cilinder, when I will decide to start working at the bike I will clean and seal the slave cylinder. BUT I will also take a look on the friction plates because sometime in gear 1 also is giving some small "bumps". if I will need plates, I will PM you ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online