I'm an idiot!

captf
This post is 3343 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Also if an EFI bike has a very flat battery it won't bump anyway

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

There was power to the bike, while I was trying to bump it anyway, just not enough to start it.

It has an immobiliser too, so that would also cause issues if the bike was completely dead.

Thats why all my stuff got kickstarts..I don`t need this kinda crap. Dunno why modern bikes can`t have them as a backup. Wouldn`t want to try bump start an XT500.

• Like 1

Thats why all my stuff got kickstarts..I don`t need this kinda crap. Dunno why modern bikes can`t have them as a backup. Wouldn`t want to try bump start an XT500.

Been there with the DR650, it didn't end well! Lol

battery is fully charged this morning Captf so I'll bring it round after work. just having a crafty 5mins on the PC

That's good news - hopefully you can get out on the bike this weekend then!

Yup! At least to Chorlton, where I need to get some lorne sausage from a local butcher :D

[even if it is only pork and not beef]

• Like 1

I have to bring back lorne sausage every time i go to Scotland for my daughter she's mad on the stuff can't see why myself.