I'm an idiot!

captf
This post is 3363 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Now that's a commentary I don't want to hear :madflame: , live and learn mate. :shakeno:

first thing OT said when I picked up the FZ, watch you don't put the pilot lamp on!

This was honestly the parking light.

Fortunately, Mr. AA-Man came to the rescue [told me he rides an R6...]

Yay for Bank provided breakdown cover.

Olden bike you had to turn key past the on position , what silly switch is easy left on nowadays :eusa_snooty:

I have done that in the past, with a car.

That was fun! ):

I've also worked in a petrol station. It was far too common an occurance.

Update: still an idiot. Didn't let it charge long enough last night (or the battery is gubbed). There wasn't enough power to start the engine up.

Today's commute was on the YBR...

batteries tend to be fubarred if they drain down below 10v.

there is a battery place on Bright road near you where I got my Gel battery for the FZ

http://premierbatteryservices.co.uk/

he's a sole trader so delivers himself, give him a bell first

Have you had a quick visual and shake test around the battery and fuse area? My FZ wouldn't start the other day and a quick check showed one of the battery terminals was loose.

batteries tend to be fubarred if they drain down below 10v.

there is a battery place on Bright road near you where I got my Gel battery for the FZ

http://premierbatteryservices.co.uk/

he's a sole trader so delivers himself, give him a bell first

That's very near me indeed...

If I can't get consistent life into the battery by Saturday, I'll take a walk round.

Have you had a quick visual and shake test around the battery and fuse area? My FZ wouldn't start the other day and a quick check showed one of the battery terminals was loose.

All was good yesterday after we got it started up.

There was power this morning, just not enough to start it up.

Still don't understand why bikes are not like cars.

You just have to have the key with you.

Invest in some jump cables buddy so if something like this happens again or the cold drains you battery then you can use the YBR or a car to jump her back to life till you buy a optimate or a new battery

• Like 1

Contact the dealers. Dont tell them about the light issue, just state you came out this morning and the battery was flat

• Like 2

I would need to get it to them first, before I can get them to replace any battery.

Although, if I continue to have problems with it holding charge, I may contact them anyway - I have 6 months warranty on "major items" of it. I'd not expect a battery to die straight after getting it.

You dont need to get it to them. Contact them to say it wont start and the battery is duff. Tell them to come out to yours...You've only had it a few weeks

Jimmy"s on the ball " -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- even if Morton aint :hah:

• Like 1