I'm an idiot!

captf
This post is 3361 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hadn't thought of that Jimmy, well spotted, it's the dealers warranty that should cover this as it is after all a "MAJOR ITEM" cos it won't start without it.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

While I may get them to replace the battery, part of what I signed said I'd have to get it to them. They will not collect it.

[Although, I'll give it a review when I get home]

And hey, battery may still be alive - just in need of a full charge.

This bit in here. If you look at the key, anti-clockwise from the steering lock is a "P" [slightly hidden]

That is a parking light. In the silliest of locations.

03yamaha-fz8.jpg

Bump start it in 3rd or 4th gear

Did you want me to drop my Optimate off?

Happy to drop it off or meet you somewhere tomorrow if you still need it? Just let me know and we can plan something.

capt, i got one here 1/2 mile where you live. thought you had a charger?

bring battery round as its screwed onto the wall

Nope, no charger - that was the AA's...

It's something I need to invest in. [An optimate, oximiser or something similar]

I can certainly bring the battery round in the evening tomorrow or Friday, if that's OK with you?

or you could get Drew to push start you but don't forget the kill switch :razz: like I did hehehe

:crazy:

The battery on my YBR Custom went dead because...well because I was using a 30 something year old battery (don't ask how a 30 whatever year old battery got into a 2009 bike, long ass story), I couldn't aford a new one so I ended up using a the kick start for about 2 months.

This is the exact reason I like my bikes to have a kick start, but then again, bump is always an option but a risky one.

Still though, lesson learned.

• Like 1

The battery on my YBR Custom went dead because...well because I was using a 30 something year old battery (don't ask how a 30 whatever year old battery got into a 2009 bike, long ass story), I couldn't aford a new one so I ended up using a the kick start for about 2 months.

This is the exact reason I like my bikes to have a kick start, but then again, bump is always an option but a risky one.

Still though, lesson learned.

be careful bumping some bikes (triumph), it kills the starter clutch, even with a sluggish battery because of kickback