need some new gloves

meatloaf
This post is 902 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

First time I've had chance to get out on the bike this week, The sun was out the sky was blue, it was great to feel alive again for a couple of hours but boy was it cold, maybe I need to switch to my full faced helmet as my beard does'nt keep my ugly face to warm but it was my hands that got so painfully cold. Its no good its time to replace my favorite worn out gloves for something that actually keeps my hands warm. Time to buy myself an early christmas present.

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

What you going for? The trouble with gloves is that; by the time they fit snug, they are worn out.

It was a little chilly this week.

Not sure yet, I need to do a little research but it will have to wait for a bit as I will be spending some time in Birminham helping my daughter with a bit of hard landscaping in her garden, I would be gratefull for any advice.

I brougt for myself those held

expensive but good. those are 4 tempo, you can use them on the summer and winter.. you have also 2 "rooms" for hands, one for dry wheater, one for raining.... leather and gorotex. after 6 months, I can say was a really good buy.

I use 3 sets of gloves , light motox with knuckle protectors for summer, Triumph lether gloves for most other times

and they are goo even from brand new, the term fits like a glove comes to mind. :hyper:

and winter gloves made by Klim.

TTB

myself and elvis have spade enforcers mine are warm and robust they also look ok.

don't know what andy thinks of his. and they are cheap.

Aye meaty " I think if the journey is too long, it don't matter what gloves you"ve got on , wind chill is gonna get you, :frosty:

I have a thinsulate lined glove , and hand guards on the Tiger, still get cold, mind you its f**n freezing up here today,

Met a guy yesterday" he commutes on a quad every day.20 miles 6 am , he has big gloves, room to stuff them chemical heat soarse things, [ break them and generate heat,] he say its the only thing that keeps him going,,

What about heated gloves, just looked them up on Google and instead of heated grips the actual glove has an element inside it. Cost is from about £80 to £140, bit steep but if you ride all year mate then it might make sense, better than heated grips cos they just warm your palm not your finger tips.

muffins/ I mean mittens are very good for winter, if your not too proud of how you look.

I used these in my youth along with my donkey jacket and willies/ wellies.

the girls sheepskin ones im on about , you may need to waterproof them yourself though. I used wax jacket re-wax stuff on mine .

you won't find anything warmer than mitts believe me.

myself and elvis have spade enforcers mine are warm and robust they also look ok.

don't know what andy thinks of his. and they are cheap.

I use these and for the price £60 theyre spot on. The only thing is I found them a bit bulky at first but got used to them.

just noticed it says spade on my post (fuckin shit corrective spelling) it's SPADA.

you don't want them girly yellow ones though,,

not even if your a girl, they will make you look like a lezza :razz:

looking forward to finding out what they are greekmaster -

i buy off ebay, there are some bargain second hand gloves but it does involve a bit of research working out real value when new plus careful watching of promising items,

so far so good but i would say go for a size or two bigger to be sure they fit ok, that is the only time i got caught out - took the lining out and used them for summer as the leather was quality.

the spada blizzard is a good relatively cheap glove to buy new, mine have a thumb wiper blade which is very useful - i wear silk inner gloves in cold weather, they aren't very expensive :spin2:

Found time today for a ride out to get some new ones, went for the Spada Enforcers

you don't want them girly yellow ones though,,

not even if your a girl, they will make you look like a lezza :razz:

but I kept well away from those girly yellow ones as I didn't want to look like a ponce.

They are a bit longer than my old ones which is a bonus as they fit much better over the cuffs of my jacket.

Yes I noticed that, I suppose I should really switch to my full faced now that it's getting colder, then it would be really usefull.

• 6 years later...

Cold weather gloves are very important. In the cold weather, your body loses heat faster than it is able to produce it. This will cause your body to lose heat faster than it can be replaced. This can cause you to freeze from the inside out. It is recommended that you use gloves that have a name brand and have a rating for cold weather.
I'm using this Iron JIA’s Waterproof Motorcycle Gloves.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online