Feliks got a new bike!

feliks
This post is 3608 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Been a little while since I posted, I've been out enjoying the summer here since it's only a few months long in Canada.... but have some good and bad news! 12k kms after the rebuild on the old 86 FZ600 it decided to blow up. Connecting rod end cap let loose and boom...hole in the case. I have enough parts to rebuild but in the meantime, it was an incredible excuse for an upgrade. I searched far and wide, and found a killer deal on a 1999 Yamaha R6... and HOLEEEEEY shit, WHAT an upgrade it is. Such a smooth bike compared to the old girl, everything feels more stable, however you require a lot of self restraint to not twist the throttle open on a curve and kill yourself, so I'm quite glad I learned on what I did before I jumped on this beast!

Anyway, on to some pictures of the new gir!! (btw it matches my suit! :D)

14431324072_b97305a19a_b.jpgUntitled by feliks.ca, on Flickr

14246044760_77a3ffb802_b.jpg1999 Yamaha R6 by feliks.ca, on Flickr

14431325812_2287af8581_b.jpgUntitled by feliks.ca, on Flickr

Needs some smoke tail lights with integrated signals.

14432632425_12bd296332_b.jpgUntitled by feliks.ca, on Flickr

• Like 2

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Looks as smart as James Bond in a tux at weatherspoons mate. Very nice indeed.

Glad your ok after you little explosion on the old girl but least its more time in the man cave

She's a beauty,try not to pich this one down the road on her side

Very nice, enjoy!

However I think I'm more relieved that you now have a bike to match those bargain leathers... Black and blue only works on a bruise...!

great Bike Felix, glad you can rescue the FZ.

just got to get some sparks going on mine :(

Very nice looking bike. Hope you get as much enjoyment out of this one as you did the FZ

Yeh mighty fine bike them R6"s . pity about the FZ,,, all that work,,,, :icon_sad:

Thanks everyone!!! I'm loving it... and loving the nice weather we finally have here. Sun is shining, birds are chirping, and motorcycles are making lots of noise!! It's good to be alive right now. :D I'm working on burning off the chicken strips and have made a lot of new friends. I work from home so it's nice to get out there and meet people... I was becoming somewhat of a hermit. lol Have to work today, but I'll be going out for a lunch ride anyway.

She's a beauty,try not to pich this one down the road on her side

lol, these tires handle the corners a LOT better, to say the least! That and I like to think I'm learning too. :D

Very nice, enjoy!

However I think I'm more relieved that you now have a bike to match those bargain leathers... Black and blue only works on a bruise...!

haha! The colour is slightly off, but it's close enough. Even picked up a new-to-me blue, black, and white AGV K3 helmet for $80 and a sweet blue iridium visor for $40! Now everything matches. :D

great Bike Felix, glad you can rescue the FZ.

just got to get some sparks going on mine :(

You still haven't figured that out yet? :( Man I hate electrical issues...such a pain to figure out sometimes.

Yeh mighty fine bike them R6"s . pity about the FZ,,, all that work,,,, :icon_sad:

Ohhh yeah, loving it. It was a lot of work on the FZ, but it's not all wasted... I learned a lot, and had fun, and got to enjoy it for 12k km's after the rebuild, I got my money's worth. :D We can rebuild it.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online