Has anyone ever used spoke skins?

welshwan
This post is 3689 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just what the title asks really?

They seem to a nice coverup for unsightly spokes, however my concern is that they will trap moisture and muck causing the spokes to rust more and quicker.

Has anyone ever used them or have an opinion on the matter?

This is what they look like:

$(KGrHqR,!rQFEd!EF)SSBRL7v1gfY!~~60_35.J

and this video shows how they are put on, also helps to see what they are and how they work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWrAz7OZhsQ

Not too sure if i'm sold on them.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

the issue I have with these, you can't ping them to check tension/breakage

I use on my push bike HIVI. very useful during the night. after 2 years don`t seem to have any damage on spokes because of those

I think there a very clever way of tarting up the bike without having to spend a shed load of cash on new looking spokes. I'd buy some.

I used to have them on my Raleigh Chopper when I was about 9 year's old, I also had tassels on my handlebar ends :crazy:

tassels?......oh.....Jesus..... :eusa_whistle:

hahaha yeah i know what you're getting at, but some of use never did grow up. :jossun:

Thanks for the input everyone! much appreciated

I think they look pretty cool. i might get a set.... we shall see :)

Maybe some stealthy black ones.

I used to have them on my Raleigh Chopper when I was about 9 year's old, I also had tassels on my handlebar ends :crazy:

i had a playing card and a peg on the rear, flapping in the spokes, also Kelloggs gave away little beads which tinkled as you slowed down.

• Like 1

i had a playing card and a peg on the rear, flapping in the spokes, also Kelloggs gave away little beads which tinkled as you slowed down.

Had all that on my chopper and transferred it all over to my Grifter! Wonder what tassels would look like on my SR?

I was lucky and had the ace of spades in my rear wheel on my bike as a kid. Wonder if it will work on betty????

Used them on my old drz400, worked ace for covering up tatty spokes, made a massive difference to IMO even though they did take ages to fit!!

Go for it!!

Shaun

They do tart the wheel up.

As a kid also had the playing card and peg, smartie tops wedged between the spokes and those little plastic clips off bread bags clipped onto spokes that then jangled up and down as you rode.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online