Anyone got this part?

fawzi963
This post is 3712 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

The other day I was looking through some photos of old DT's and came across thing beauty, which looks like a DT but the front end quite confuses me in terms of model, anyway back to the point. There is this thing behind the seat that looks like a "seat extender" which in my view looks really good. Does anyone have any information regarding this chrome piece? Was is an option extra? And can it be fit for later model DT's like my '80 DT175MX? It really grabs my attention, and oh btw the rider's seat looks quite shorter.

Photo below:

ynysu6e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

@Airhead, so with some fiddling around, it will still not bolt on? :icon_sad:

Yep Airhead is right that has to be the FUGLYIST thing ever !!!

Bike is a mid 70s AT125 with a buddy seat fitted due to the bike mainly marketet for the US market.

Yep there ugly thats why i dont have on fitted to my DT360A.

TTB

Go on tommy " you know you want one ..

640px-1975-Yamaha-DT250B-Orange-83-1.jpg

Just bought another XT500 today so looooaaads to do, the buddy seat is because the US seats are only a 3/4 seat not a full length seat.

TTB

Looks like someone has just turned a luggage rack into a seat, very clever but looks crap and as airhead said where does the extra pillion put there feet? stupid idea

@Tommy10bikes, you have got a gorgeous collection of bike!!

Thanks for that, im not jumping ship but always fancied something special and British, just finished a full resto on this.

SAM_1440_zps143f9b79.jpg

SAM_1438_zpsd2435b81.jpg

TTB :jossun:

• Like 2

Thanks for that, im not jumping ship but always fancied something special and British, just finished a full resto on this.

SAM_1440_zps143f9b79.jpg

SAM_1438_zpsd2435b81.jpg

TTB :jossun:

Your taste in British bikes seems very similar to Japanese bikes if I'm not wrong. Old school dual sports are one of the best types of rides in my opinion!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online