Then and Now

jimmy
This post is 3710 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

the inter was an overhead cam racer, doubt it would be handy to go shopping and commute to work, and they were single cylinder

I bow to your greater knowledge oh learned one :hail:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Tommy, Just looked up your Dads bike reg and it's registered as a TRITON !!! So still out there and has a Triumph engine which truth be told was a better less delicate motor than the NORTON one especially the pre unit ones as the gearbox on the Norton was always a bit suspect after about the first 10 miles.

• Like 1

Thank you slice I did try to look it up a while ago without any luck must be cos I thought it was a BSA , if I ever win the lotto I'll try and track it down, would love to own it. I think it must have belonged to my Uncle Tom so the original owner is same name as me.

Took me a while to find it if I'm honest, found it on one of the more obscure websites, most just list it a unavailable. No idea where it is or even if it is still on the road but nice to know it's out there mate.

Took me a while to find it if I'm honest, found it on one of the more obscure websites, most just list it a unavailable. No idea where it is or even if it is still on the road but nice to know it's out there mate.

well done, i tried and couldn't find it :thumb:

DirectGov shows it as

First registered on 19-03-'58. 500cc & maroon

Tax due to expire

At least she's grown taller in the second pic. Ha ha

Have only been able to find one photo of me anywhere near a bike, and that's from 2005. Taken in Portugal on a DT we hired:

2005_11PortugalP0048-1.jpg

Oh back 'then' - those were the days! Not a care in the world, and this was my pride and joy, lovingly restored:

MurphyP0016.jpg

Now it's all mortgages, responsibility and a 'practical' car, ha ha! :eusa_doh::eusa_snooty:

• Like 5

Hmmm, about 1974 not my bike and dont remember it now, it looks like one of those little Italian enduro peds to me...just my cuppa tea

about16_zpscf9ac915.jpg

that's when you were an apprentice?

• Like 1

that's when you were an apprentice?

Haha, seeing as you asked...this was around 1975 at Openshaw Technical College as an apprentice, I'm in the middle with much hair as was the norm back then in the 'Glam Rock' era...we all started for the same firm and this was not all of us

Appentices_zpsc3d931cd.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Paul - mind you that picture was taken before a full re-spray (same colour), twin tank installation, new fog lights and chrome.

I will own another when I have a garage to store it in!

Haha, seeing as you asked...this was around 1975 at Openshaw Technical College as an apprentice, I'm in the middle with much hair as was the norm back then in the 'Glam Rock' era...we all started for the same firm and this was not all of us

Appentices_zpsc3d931cd.jpg

Paul was you Known as Hair Head back :razz:

I've been looking through my old photo's but not found any of me + bike yet, did find these of my Dad

Posted Image

Posted Image

don't know what year it was or even what bike, think its a BSA but its not one i remember him having.

number plates on the front mudguards lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk