I served someone famous today!

AndrewElvisFan
This post is 3839 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok so not megastar or anything, but it was Tony Dron! Spent a substantial amount of money and shared some very good stories from his racing days!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Now I don't feel ashamed to admit that I had to Google this chap...

Still none the wiser though.

Ok - egg on face now!

A couple of years back I had frankie detori's missus in the shop

And last year Cane from that farm programme and the fat butcher off the street soap ....

Shovel anyone?

OK never heard of this guy but I am intrigued what does ........................your shop sell :eusa_think:

I know have a mental image of tony dron walking out of your shop in an Elvis onezie and a wig with sideburns

a'm I close ?

• Like 1

Just love it!! A nobody that tommy has already dressed and classed.

Dron writes a regular column in Octane. He is the author of several books including Porsche: Engineering for Excellence (2008) and Alan Mann - A Life of Chance (2012, with Alan Mann).

Sounds like just the guy you would want to meet at a party, engineering for excellence YAWN.

Sorry Andrew but REALLY!!!! :shakeno:

I guess I'm the only one who heard if him then??! He was also a racing driver for Ferarri.

I sell kitchens/bathrooms/tiles etc not onesies!

Erm... Any chance this thread could be locked to avoid further hole digging?? Lol

I could say I think I sat opposite Ronnie Barker on the train back to my ship when I was in the "Andrew"

Also, I could say when I was served a pint by the barmaid in the bar in the NAAFI in Faslane her sister was a friend of "Lulu"

Also, there is a very, very well known tv celebrity living in my wife's parents village which does not wish to be known but is a pillar to the community.

• Like 1

I guess I'm the only one who heard if him then??! He was also a racing driver for Ferarri.

I sell kitchens/bathrooms/tiles etc not onesies!

Erm... Any chance this thread could be locked to avoid further hole digging?? Lol

you started it mate !

did you get his autograph :hah: give us a look then.