Spilt beer on my laptop

dt502001
This post is 3914 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok so last night I knocked over a glass of beer on my lap top,,fliped it over right away and the beer ran out cleaned it off, shut it off, and let it dry over night, all seems to be fine .

My question now is what is the best way to clean the keys,rubbing alc or is ther a proper cleaner or just a good spray with water when shut off and alow to dry again????. Never did this before and I am not a puter guy.

Help Please.

Phil

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

To start with.....................................DUMB ASS! :biglaugha::eusa_doh: how can you spill the most precious thing given to man? (im a whisky drinker and will never spill that)

You could do this, (bit drastic but it will get rid of any "sticky" stuff left from the liquid

Or Less drastic

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000780.htm

I know some IT fixer type people who've doused the thing in isopropyl alcohol (with power off and battery out), without any ill effects. Can't say either way if it is a good idea or not, though. I personally only use it on metal bike parts and would be petrified of doing it to anything electronic!!

I don't know but I agree with taking the battery off first. I would use some spray cleaner and a rag and hope you don't get sticky keys.

Wonder if WD40 will work??? i know it can clean your stainless steel bins and get chewing gum off of jeans.

Tends to work on every thing

Hi

I have no idea wether this is a good or bad method, but I have often cleaned the key board with my wifes 'wet wipe' hand clensing cloths, I just be sure the power is of first and I don't force too much of the damp cloth under the keys,

It has not gone bang yet and the sticky stuff on the key board has gone.

I also do the same thing with the TV remote controllers,

don't listen to these idiots use my prefered method,

place it into a cotton pillow case ,

put it into the washing machine on a pre-wash for twenty min's .

drip dry outside all day,( DO NOT , PUT IT ON A FAST SPIN).

hey presto one nearly new looking laptop..

( i would also recommend using ariel rather than bold ). :spin2:

• Like 2

HAHAHAHAHAHA :ct:

I agree with taking battery out first too, I woud just hold upside down & wipe with baby wipes, :paci::luck:

you may as well stick them up your arse for what they'r worth. :spin2:

OK KEV your not working on my puter,bike ,toaster or wheel barrel LOL Would be funny though if someone actualy took you serious.

So I called the puter shop the bastereds wanted 80 bucks to clean it,its 6 years old and probably will be broke in a year so I decided Duck it if it dies so be it I get a new one ,first I backed everything up off the drive ,then got some 99% isopropal alc. put it in a spray bottle and battery out turned it up side down and proceeded to spray away then I got the compressor and blew it dry left it in the sun for a couple of hours till I couldn't smell any alc. PROBLEM SOLVED is cleaner than it has been since new.Normaly I just whipe it of with a damp cloth. But that dosen't get under the keys.

Sorry Noise didn't mean to abuse alcoholo if it makes you feel better I whiped it back into the glass off the table didn't loose to much.

DDT oh ya I had very sticky keys

Chears :beerchug: all thank for the ideas.

on a serious note from me (for a change)

check that you haven't damaged your cooling fans through blowing compressed air at them, as it can cause them to rotate faster than they should.

and it could then overheat ...

My solution worked?

YAAAAAAAYYYYYYY, congrats!!

Incidentally, that'll be £49.99 for the solution, £50 standing call-out/contact fee and £505.26 for the distance communication - This I.T. thread routes via Mumbai and is charged per minute!!

My solution worked?

YAAAAAAAYYYYYYY, congrats!!

Incidentally, that'll be £49.99 for the solution, £50 standing call-out/contact fee and £505.26 for the distance communication - This I.T. thread routes via Mumbai and is charged per minute!!

would that be +VAT

I cleaned mine with Double Diamond because that works wonders. :icon_lol:

Only the old gits will understand this unless you live in Bourton on Trent

Bugger. I knew what you meant :shakeno:

I haven't seen Double Diamond for about 30 years.

Double Diamond, bloody hell where did you drag that up from looks like piss tastes the same and you only drank it when you could not afford PROPER beer. Happy days!!!

Bugger. I knew what you meant :shakeno:

Same here.

Doesn't mean we're old, though... It's all in how you live. Heck, people sometimes read my posts and assume I'm only 17!!

would that be +VAT

Nah, he's excempt.

Double Diamond, Watneys red barrell , party seven cans (cats piss in a can), Trophy, Skol Lager 2.3% ? , Baby duck fizzy piss in a bottle, Babycham fizzy piss in a smaller bottle,

Martini , Remember the ads any time, any place anywhere its martini, one of the local girls was nicknamed ,martini and it was nothing to do with drink ,

oh i forgot put the laptop in a bag of rice , some chinese kid will take the rice and repair the laptop for ya

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online