What do you do while you're stationary at lights or in traffic?

j0hn
This post is 3955 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

When i was with a load of mates on mopeds we used to play urban van art.

basically, when in traffic, find yourself a dirty white van and (without the driver noticing) draw things in the dirt on the side, points gained for more detailed artwork, points lost if the driver gets out and kicks your head in.

• Like 2

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Urban van art sounds fun! I'm not sure how it would have been like in your generation but artistic skills nowadays are fairly limited to penises.

Video somewhat related :P

seriously

i fell asleep once........................

i know what your thinking ...........haha

felt a right clown lying on the road when it fell over

Stick my hands on the cylnder heads to warm gloves, when its cold, :frosty: [ thats most of the time up here]. then read the opisite lights, and time it for the take-off,

If I was behind half of you lot at the lights I'd never be stuck wondering what to do .... It would pure entertainment just watching the biker in front :)

That's crazy lol! How did you manage that? Were you sleep-deprived?

was after an all night run

bad thing was i was only 2 mins from home

lights were taking a while and well i thought the sun was bright i'll just shut my eyes for a second

and THUMP!!

I don't know why, but I always put both hands on the fuel tank.

I was going to say something stupid like check my lippy but knowing you lot you would take the piss so I won't.

I've always wanted to play a quick game of rock-paper-scissors but haven't found a potential opponent, yet. Traffic lights here change way too fast to initiate a battle and the British mentality of minding our own business usually kicks in.

That is, by far and away, the best idea I've ever heard.

I'm tempted to go out for a ride right now juyst to try it - and it's tipping it down.

Keep a watch in the mirrors for the twats that brake late behind you

In winter, hands on the engine to warm up a bit

Apart from that, nothin, just sit and watch an observe the textin/phonin morons as they go by

Incidently, driving home form hols yesterday up the M1 near J23, pulled out to overtake in the centre lane, puce coloured motor overtkes us at approx 75-80 with a queue of traffic behind her and continues to hog the outer lane in to the distance, as she chats away on her phone, clearly oblivious.

Less than a minute later, btakes lights up ahead, traffic slowing quickly. Same puce coloured motor embededd into central barriers at right angle, couple of other motors look to have collided avoiding it

It's times like these you need a helmet camera so that we can all basque in the glory of watching these morons completely wipe themselves out. I just feel sorry for the other drivers that are now having to go through a shit load of hassle because of one person's stupidity.

that man over there, lol! It's really hard to find a good opponent, most look away instantly when you turn your head to look at them. I think anyone that admires your bike and gives you a thumbs up or a nod would be the ideal opponent.

Used to have a wonderfull game with the local pizza delivery man... basically just used to ride around with him all the time, if we were really bored someone would put their foot over the end of the exhaust on his little ped so that it stopped, and then wonder why it wouldnt go when the lights changed green...

If you cant filter, give some space to the car in front, assess escape route and hold in 1st and watch carefully the numpty coming up behind is going to stop. Only go to neutral when said car has come to a halt.