CBT .... price..

blackhat250
This post is 3996 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Aye guys" a mate thinkn of a 50cc , i told him get a 125, ,whats the figuers, he had a TS125 in 1980 .

. he needs it for fishing trips,, :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

+1,

I paid £100 but again i got to use there bike and they supplied the standard High viz etc. so £90 - £110 is a good ball park figure

About the same as I paid. Just note that weekends are generally at the higher end of the bracket.

If he needs it for fishing trips is he going to use it as an anchor?? :thud:

If he needs it for fishing trips is he going to use it as an Wanchor?? :thud:

You are naughty slice " i fixed it for yeh,, :babyha: ,, Cheers boys, ,,,,,,,,,,, Ok pete,,,,, thaks mate, i cant believe we live 5 miles apart, and never bump into 1 another,, :bag: ... its just my mate was gonna get a 50cc, better on a 125 eh,,, :icon_idea:

i paid £100 using their bike and gear. I think that was September last year.

How much? Do you get to keep the bike and gear?

I think I paid 10 doubloons!

• Like 1

My boy did his 3 years ago and it cost £120, but was on a "special" offer for £80. There were 5 young blokes on the course, 3 newbies and 2 resits. None of the 3 newbies collected their certificate, but the 2 resits did. Lo and Behold it cost £40 for his resit which he passed. When he started his mod 1 / mod 2 training at another school I told them about his cbt, the concensus was he was mugged.

When I went to collect him after his fail, the instructor started to give me a lecture about the age of my lid (I was on my Bonnie and was wearing my open face lid). I stopped him, told him the helmet was older than he was and that he should fuck off out my face.

hahaha DT - back in the day ehh

and Jimmy the place i did mine it was just me and some other lad, he was 'renewing' (getting another) CBT for his job as his old one had ran out and i was going for the first time. As i was pretty nervous, i asked how many people had to retry their CBT another day and he said less then 10% and almost all of those had never been on a bike before in their life. I asked how much more it was for another day and he said nothing it's free- until you meet the standard and pass the cbt. :)

He also mentioned that the odd one or two had to go back a fair few times, the determined ones got it done! :jossun:

i must say that i don't think using a helmet that old is the best of ideas, but i'm not going to lecture

each to their own! B)

braveheart_freedom.jpg

LOL :eusa_shifty:

Free resits, thats what the other school instructors said, so it just backed up my theory that the £80 offer was a con. Thats probably why I snapped at him, I'm usually quite laid back

+1

Usually free resists and it's quite rare that people don't "pass" the CBT. The only person I ever saw fail was a girl who'd never ridden a bike before who turned up on a shiny 125 Honda Shadow cruiser. She went forward 3 foot, wobbled fell off sideways, rolled a few times then laid there not moving... Even then they stuck her on a 50cc scooter and let her complete the course, but said they'd have her back one evening to give her some tuition on the 125 before giving her the certificate...

I paid £90 in 2008 using my own bike, it was £110 to use theirs (on a weekend)

It's not exactly free resits, but if you don't complete CBT in one day you can come back for a second day to finish off. This can happen for various reasons:

the weather turns too shite to ride (high wind, serious rain, white shite, or just too dark)

the trainee gets brain fade and can't take in any more info

the instructor sees the trainee is not making progress on a particular aspect and needs time to absorb the lesson(s)

... and many more.

Generally they come back on the second day (could be a while later) and everything just clicks, job done. Every now and then you come across someone who needs even longer, in which case it's usually time to negotiate a price with the school because, let's face it they've already had 2 full days (16 hours) of training for £120 or so, ain't no profit in that!

+1

Usually free resists and it's quite rare that people don't "pass" the CBT. The only person I ever saw fail was a girl who'd never ridden a bike before who turned up on a shiny 125 Honda Shadow cruiser. She went forward 3 foot, wobbled fell off sideways, rolled a few times then laid there not moving... Even then they stuck her on a 50cc scooter and let her complete the course, but said they'd have her back one evening to give her some tuition on the 125 before giving her the certificate...

I paid £90 in 2008 using my own bike, it was £110 to use theirs (on a weekend)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online