Its that time of the year!

wild foamy
This post is 4029 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well peeps, its the weekend! (wooooo!)

not only that, but its actually sunny and not windy as fook, so i decided to venture down to bournemouth and get myself an ice cream.

DSC_0057_zpsc715e8a3.jpg

i also won one of them flame things that looks a bit like a turd at the arcade :)

DSC_0058_zps3caca140.jpg

so what have you all done with your weekend?, been on any adventures? :D

Also, im officially declaring it tit monday

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I cleaned the car when i finished work?

I fixed a hole in my exhaust :bawling:

I had my local tyre shop replace the valve core in my front tyre because it was sticky. Then I went to the local carwash and pressure washed the underside and lower parts of my bike. The I rode to Kent. Then I stopped by the best jerk chicken place in South London on the way back, then I went home. Then I washed the bike some more, and waxed the shiny bits! Tomorrow I might go down to Box Hill...

Took a bimble into Gloucester to pick up some odds and sods, and took the long way home via the Cotswolds.

Cracking day for a ride - saw dozens of bikes of all descriptions........I must have looked like a nodding dog!!!!!!

If weather stays fine tomorrow, then a ride up to visit my folks in the Forest of Dean will probably be on the cards.....

Here's hoping!!!

CT

Got the bikes out today finaly" after the land rover handbrake seized on,, :eusa_doh: , [ cable] then it stripped the linings,,

first real ride on bikes, .. 20mls on the H2. and 15 on the ZL. then recommissioned the lawn-mower,[ grass time again,

will take the TS250 out tmorow, The DT is staying indoors till a real heatwave, :jossun:

I started by replacing my rear Dunlop at Micheldever tyres, then did Basingstoke to Rykas, A24 down to Horsham then A272 to Loomies for a Bacon n egg bap. Followed by Corfe Castle for cream tea. Then back home via Winchester.

275 mile loop.

A272 was brilliant, highly recommended :-)

Took a jog round the park in the freezing cold and rain. Then went to run statistics at the uni computer lab. I know... fun stuff ya? Then I went to pick up my motor and wheels... and was seriously disappointed. :bawling: Mounted my wheels (for the second time)... more info to come in my project thread.

...and then off to watch children of the corn with hubby. :popcorn:

fantastic weather yesterday, I had to work , out last night for son's birthday, out into wales on bike today if weather stay's good :jossun:

Went out for a ride around the Pennines yesterday, great weather. And today, I've just come back from an assessment ride to see how many lessons I'll need for Mod 1 & 2. Really excited! Got to ride my first big bike.

• Like 1

Went out for a ride around the Pennines yesterday, great weather.And today, I've just come back from an assessment ride to see how many lessons I'll need for Mod 1 & 2. Really excited! Got to ride my first big bike.

Nice Bippo! :thumb: What was it? How'd you like it?

Nice Bippo! :thumb: What was it? How'd you like it?
Thanks Sacha! Yeah I loved it, I rode a Suzuki GS500 but will be going my lessons and test etc on a Kawasaki ER-6n. Immediately found it easier than my 125. Feels more planted on the road.

Thanks Sacha! Yeah I loved it, I rode a Suzuki GS500 but will be going my lessons and test etc on a Kawasaki ER-6n.Immediately found it easier than my 125. Feels more planted on the road.

Very cool! Good one. :)
  • Like 1

Well today wasnt quite as sunny, but i still managed to venture out to Loomies cafe with an old schoolmate, was fookin heaving!

DSC_0062_zps58445465.jpg

You can just see the fireblades big white grabrail infront of the table with all the coffee cups on it

• Like 1

Thanks Sacha! Yeah I loved it, I rode a Suzuki GS500 but will be going my lessons and test etc on a Kawasaki ER-6n. Immediately found it easier than my 125. Feels more planted on the road.

nice one bippo keep at it you'll soon be on a full licence, have you picked your next bike yet ?

nice one bippo keep at it you'll soon be on a full licence, have you picked your next bike yet ?
Thanks. It's looking like I'll be getting a Kawasaki ER-6f. Dare I say that on a Yamaha forum...! I've gone round garages and sat on a few bikes. I found Yamaha's equivalent (XJ6 Diversion) a bit too bulky for me. There's something about the ER-6 that felt comfortable. I was able to put my feet firmly on the ground (which is something I want while I gain confidence), and it didn't feel too heavy for me. Geometry-wise the foot pegs and handlebars felt good. It's quite an upright riding position which again is good for me. I'm going for the faired version over nekked as I'll be going on the motorway.

you've done the right thing, many people buy a bike just because they like the look of it, its important that it feels right too, there a nice bike, iv'e never owned a kawasaki but they look great, hope we don't loose you to koc ha ha when you get it.

I didn't do much on the weekend, Took my little girl down to the park n got her an ice cream which i ended up eating as she was too busy playing in the sand. ripped out the SU carb on the mini a replaced the gaskets as it was leaking petrol onto the exhaust. Then sat down n watched the Moto GP's

Thinking i need to do a bit more sociable ride outs

Well done Bippo, those Er-6's are cracking bikes and very well set out for a first time bike.

There's something about the ER-6 that felt comfortable. .

Bip" your gonna luv it on a bigger bike, :yeah: , them ER-6 "s are super ,

And Tommy" she wont sway to the kwaker forums, as your first bike is in the blood, i"v got 3 Kwakers,

but this is my main forum,,, as DT"s were my staple diet in the 1970"s... :headbang:

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online