Almost finished

jimmy
This post is 4044 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well I'm almost at the end of my quest for a new shed. A couple of tons of earth, replaced by 2 ton of hardcore and 1cu metre of concrete and I was able to put this up today. I still have to insulate and line the inside, fit some electrics and make up a ramp, but the end is nigh.

002_zps1fa8d193.jpg

My original plan was to dig it down to street level, however when digging I came across some yellow tape advising me of a gas pipe so couldn't go any lower

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well done jim" the paints faded on front very quickly. :grin: .. yeh diggin deeper mean s retaining walls also

yeh diggin deeper mean s retaining walls also

I had to put in a retaining wall made out of sleepers. My garden slopes at a 1 in 3 angle so there was a hooria lot of digging involved

build a draw bridge in front.

keeps the scum bags out and provide a handy ramp too :)

Good one Jimmy.

Looks like there is a street light near your shed too, that'll help act as a further deterrent.

and provide some cheap electrickery :eusa_whistle:

My thoughts exactly.

Anyway, I've spent the last 2 days insulating and lining the walls and floor, still have to line the roof and my mate will wire in my power supply then its good to go. Back to work tomorrow tho' so will need to wait till my next restdays 4 days on/4 days off so roll on Sunday

Aye jimmy" get a electic fence transformer[ sheep fence] screw two long fixings thru door bolt, [ so they protrude inside door]

then clip on the terminals of the transformer, [ low setting] leave on all night,, :grin:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online