sun is/was shining

welshwan
This post is 4008 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

of course you can mate :) ,

and there's no need for credit

Please note SOME of these are not my pictures, but i have said which ones are not ^

as for bridge club, personally i would say 'clwb bontiau' , but maybe 'clwb pontydd' might be said by others?

that's my guess man

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 4 weeks later...

Looks like an awesome adventure. How was it like doing it alone? I would have got pretty lonely :(. That being said, I don't know other bikers in real life so I don't really get the urge to just go and ride about. Wish I did though :P.

Looks like an awesome adventure. How was it like doing it alone? I would have got pretty lonely :(. That being said, I don't know other bikers in real life so I don't really get the urge to just go and ride about. Wish I did though :P.

I'm in the same boat as you John - don't know any fellow bikers. I try to get out for a weekend ride, like this Friday I clocked up 100 miles because the weather was great (even if a little cold!)

Yesterday I fancied going to Matlock Bath (biker hang-out), but didn't fancy turning up on my own! *Cue the small violin...* Ha ha!

Although riding on your own is great fun, there's something to be said for pulling up at a stop with someone else. :spin2:

I'm in the same boat as you John - don't know any fellow bikers. I try to get out for a weekend ride, like this Friday I clocked up 100 miles because the weather was great (even if a little cold!)

Yesterday I fancied going to Matlock Bath (biker hang-out), but didn't fancy turning up on my own! *Cue the small violin...* Ha ha!

Although riding on your own is great fun, there's something to be said for pulling up at a stop with someone else. :spin2:

bippo where a-bouts in mancunia are you? maybe when the stars are aligned might be good for a run out?

I don't ride fast (not in this weather) trip down to Stafford coming up end of month too :)

Nah i don't find it lonely it's nice to get some genuine silence when you stop the bike all you can hear is the wind and maybe the odd sheep lol. You can have a good old think about life, people and everything in between :) Helps you remember whats important.....well it helps me think like that anyways..

Thing is that when you are on your own you can go at you own pace, which i think is very important or otherwise when you go to quick to keep up you will more then likely have an accident, and vice-versa if you are the quickest one, your riding buddy might find themselves going abit quicker then they can handle to keep up, or you could just be bored shitless waiting for them to catch up and they could be feeling abit ego damaged lol.

Another thing to consider is that if anything happens when your on your own, such as the bike not working properly or you hurt yourself you might struggle to get however far the nearest people are, and depending on the problem you might end up having to leave your bike in the middle of nowhere and there's no one to send for help. Do remember this could happen anywhere that isn't all that busy when on your own though, like late night travels and so on. so don't let this that put you off too much. (touch wood so far soo good)

Don't think of it as just going for a ride for the hell of it, think of it as EXPLORING! i'm sure you pass roads all the time that you don't know whats at the end of them- why not just go and find out. More fun exploring them then just riding for the sake of it :) maybe I'm just odd.....okay i know this to be fact but surely others want to know all the local roads, side streets and dead ends. this is what i like doing and it ends up taking me to places like that ^ Due to this i now know loads of local short cuts and good diversions if traffic is crap or road is unusable. give it a go you might be pleasantly surprised by what you find around you!

As for riding partners i went out for my first ever ride with another biker Sunday, a lad from work who has one of those Chinese 125 bikes, to be honest it does look pretty cool- retro even though it's on an 11 plate! as for top speed the bikes are pretty much the same so that made for a cool ride, not having to go slower or him having to. I enjoyed it very much and was great fun, took him over Barmouth bridge, he had only ever done it on a bicycle before so the tight space was abit worrying for him lol - but he did fine, didn't even take out a cyclist or anything hahahah. He was pretty impressed at how quickly i was going around the corners- to which i replied 'fucking hell you should see me on the supermoto wheels, i have had my boot on the floor before now!' SuMos innit..... :jossun:

I was toying with the idea of making a post on here to ask if anyone would be up for a day of greenlaning around my area, i think i know enough to keep us busy for a good part of the day, i could map out some routes and everything, but then i thought i have NEVER been greenlanng with anyone before so i can't even compare to anyone to say how quick or slow i am, as i wouldn't want someone to come all the way over here and spend the day waiting for me to catch up. Personally i am more then happy to take it easy, would be cool just to share some of these awesome roads and tracks. But yeah i ride a xt125 so might be best to wait until i get something abit bigger. who knows.....if anyone fancys it....HIT ME UP!

• Like 1

To hell with what they think , do what makes u happy....if you want to go hang out at the local biker place why not! :) I'm sure loads of them went there on there own. plus you might meet some people there that would be up for going for rides or could let you know of ones they are going to be doing that you can tag along, then you can pull up with a whole load of other bikers.

100 miles is a fair old ride on a 125! the most i have done in a day is about 150 miles...so fair pay to ya!

Let us know if you ever get round to stopping there, let us know if they were cool and whatever

bippo where a-bouts in mancunia are you? maybe when the stars are aligned might be good for a run out?

I don't ride fast (not in this weather) trip down to Stafford coming up end of month too :)

Hey Drewpy - I'm over in Glossop, a ride out at some point sounds like a plan though!

Glad to hear you're not a fast rider, I only rarely reach an indicated 70 / 75 on my lean mean machine, ha ha! But I still love it. :-)

cool, Paul (airhead) is not far from you either.

I'm in Eccles

To hell with what they think , do what makes u happy....if you want to go hang out at the local biker place why not! :) I'm sure loads of them went there on there own. plus you might meet some people there that would be up for going for rides or could let you know of ones they are going to be doing that you can tag along, then you can pull up with a whole load of other bikers.

100 miles is a fair old ride on a 125! the most i have done in a day is about 150 miles...so fair pay to ya!

Let us know if you ever get round to stopping there, let us know if they were cool and whatever

Yeah I'll venture over there on my 125 at some point, think its just plucking up the courage to head to a place like that on my own. Saw a wicked BSA Bantam last time I went (in the car) - it got all the looks amongst the sports bikes, ha ha!

Yeah when I head out on a weekend I often aim to do about 90 miles, but if the weather is ok then I'll just keep going - I love it so much I just find the car boring now. The longest trip I've done so far is about 225 miles one way. When the weather perks up I'll be heading down to Cornwall for some camping and I'm planning on clocking between 800 and 1000 miles in total, so excited!

cool, Paul (airhead) is not far from you either.

I'm in Eccles

Ahh I used to live in Monton - rented a flat near Monton Green when I first moved up here from Surrey. :-)

Yeah I know Paul lives over this way, was going to meet up with him and Beef in September at the Road Wizards Bike Sow but annoyingly got called into work last minute.

Nothin wrong with biking on your own,,,,,, am on a bike for years now and love traveling alone. The odd weekend i meet up with the lads and go for a spin,,, its great crack,,,,,but being on your own means ya can do whatever ya like when ya like.

As for going to a bike meet on your own,,, thats cool too,,,nothin to be ashamed of. In fact some riders cant go anywhere on there own (lack of confidence),,,,,, so stand proud and tell everyone your a lone biker traveling nowhere !!!

Pat

yeah we've yet to meet but we've seen each other out and about, I'm probably going to stafford bippo if you fancy it given fair weather

Cool, I'd be up for coming along with you guys, will help me to get into the swing of riding with others etc. Keep me posted on your plans.

Ahh I used to live in Monton - rented a flat near Monton Green when I first moved up here from Surrey. :-)

Yeah I know Paul lives over this way, was going to meet up with him and Beef in September at the Road Wizards Bike Sow but annoyingly got called into work last minute.

small world eh! I'm just off Monton Road

Stafford in 2 weeks and hope/pray the weather holds. As its over 2 days I usually pick the best weather day :)

if there's room for one more on stafford run i'd be interested, I was going to camp over, but its what to do with all my gear

while i'm there so think give the campover a miss this time

hey drewpy let me no if your going that show on the wirral i'm looking for inspiration what to do with my other xs. was thinking along streetfighter style but i reckon could also make cafe racer. I know the sohc lends itself better to that style but would be interested in your thoughts

if there's room for one more on stafford run i'd be interested, I was going to camp over, but its what to do with all my gear

while i'm there so think give the campover a miss this time

we usually go through High Legh via Lymn down the A50, maybe meet up somewhere there as it on the way for you?

hey drewpy let me no if your going that show on the wirral i'm looking for inspiration what to do with my other xs. was thinking along streetfighter style but i reckon could also make cafe racer. I know the sohc lends itself better to that style but would be interested in your thoughts

will do, prob not decide till Saturday though