Just got some BT 023's. Anyone running them?

DirtyDT
This post is 4185 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Had 1 of those on the rear of my XT6 SuMo when I bought it...... it worked great!.....

Until some scumbag knifed it!

All good newman , my mate has a bike shop, sells lot of BT,"s :thumb:

Ts250 passed M.O.T. & is taxed , did a 90mle run on sunday,, its great , :yeah: Crank rumbles at low throttle , vibration too. smooths out at 4 k revs. [ rebuild in winter] had a look in headlight [ to see wiring for turn signls] good news " its all original, neat & not touched.. :eusa_dance: av chopped that big rear fender, and shes lookn neat.

My rear has a BT45, and I think it's great. I'm not a tire expert though. I just recently put a sport demon on the front and I noticed the improvement.

All good newman , my mate has a bike shop, sells lot of BT,"s :thumb:

Ts250 passed M.O.T. & is taxed , did a 90mle run on sunday,, its great , :yeah: Crank rumbles at low throttle , vibration too. smooths out at 4 k revs. [ rebuild in winter] had a look in headlight [ to see wiring for turn signls] good news " its all original, neat & not touched.. :eusa_dance: av chopped that big rear fender, and shes lookn neat.

Cheers John.

Is there another TS 250 project thread starting?

Got to agree the bts are great but sticking to my mich piolt's on the 12 ????? why i don't want to say have to kill you then. LOL they seem to wear better... sticky wise ummmm have to do laps on the clock to tell the diff.

Cheers for the info.

They are still scrubbing in but with the 85 miles I have put on them so far, they do seem to be quite good. Mind you that is compared with an almost bald rear Avon VP2 supersport.

hi, newman , my pal phil uses them on his 1200 bandit,

the only problem i have with them is when i ride behind him ,

they tend to pick up rather large stones and lob them at my visor.

• 4 weeks later...

I've got a pair of 023's fitted to my GSX1400 and they transformed the bike totally, I used to have 020's on it and they were never exactly confidence-inspiring to put it mildly but since I fitted the 023's it's like an entirely new and much better handling bike :)

Got to agree now they are scrubbed in. Even with the weather, they are very sure footed. They seem quite an "eggie" profile but that maybe due to the last set of tyres being worn.

I hate scrubing in new tires,there is a old industrial section that is empty on the weekends and I can go round and round both directions. I like to go there for the first day and knock the chicken strips off.

Funny what Kev said my name is Phil and i too have a 1200 bandit 2001 and been told my bike throws rocks must be all the torque? Or maybey were just both heavy on the throttle

• 3 weeks later...

Good tyres mate and they get a lot of good reviews from the guys on zzr1400. The 14 came standard with bt014 up until the new 2012 model, my rear tyre lasted 1300 miles and was worn right through but as the front was still not bad I put another rear on and managed to squeeze 1500 miles out of it. They were great for grip both in the wet and dry but the longevity was questionable on such a big bike. The bt021 and 23 however seem to be a better all round tyre. I replaced mine with roadsmarts which were fantastic and have now got PR3's on which I havent clocked up a lot of miles on yet but one thing for sure they are by far the best wet weather tyre I have ever used even at stupid speeds (on private roads). I wont change from them now especially living in Scotland as it never stops fekn raining here!

excuse my ignorance but what is the difference between BT 014, 025, and 045s the reason im asking is that im thinking about replacing my two with BT 045s

mo