stupid kids in outer-city roads

Grover
This post is 4189 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Obviously I have been mis-informed, you really can't believe everything you read and hear. I still think iPhones are the best. I don't own a MacBook, a grand for a laptop is just ridiculous.

Haha starting from a grand you mean? they go up to around £2400 for a top of the range one, absolutely mad!

I have a Galaxy s2 and wouldnt dream of swapping it for an iphone.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Galaxies are more or less the same as iPhones because Samsung ripped Apple off, thats why they got sued lol.

Yeah MacBooks are too overpriced, my laptop cost £350 and it was top spec when I bought it.

Apple know people will buy their products thats why they are so overpriced, and they bring an upgrade out every 6 months. Take the iPad mini, for an extra 30/40 quid you can get a normal iPad. Theres no point in it.

Galaxies are more or less the same as iPhones because Samsung ripped Apple off, thats why they got sued lol.

Dont get me started on that topic lol Read this, its all swings and roundabouts and a load of bollocks:

http://www.redmondpi...ithin-48-hours/

Thats down to idiots clicking on dodgy links. If someones stupid enough to click in links asking for their bank details or passwords, then they deserve to be hacked.

Read it again - The apps you download, even genuine ones, purposely collect personal data and transmit it to other parties. By just downloading the app, you automatically agree to let it do so and it's a condition of the download. You want it, you accept that it will compromise your personal data.

Most people are not stupidly clicking on links, they are failing to read the T&Cs of each app and don't care so long as they get to piss about with Angry Birds or whatever. Even a calculator app has been known to do this.

Wow Ttask, you really don't like Apple lol

If you read half of thiose links above, you'll understand why.

Obviously I have been mis-informed, you really can't believe everything you read and hear.

No, you REALLY can't. That's why I check these things out. The full truth would horrify and terrify you!!

I got told by someone at Uni that Macs and iPhones were unhackable. Naively I thought this was one of the

reasons why they were so expensive. I have to admit, I think one day I will get a MacBook, just to be a

flash bastard lol.

Yeah, well Big Al says that dogs can't look up...

Apple cost so much because of the prorietary crap and the reputation they have built from temporarily cornering the market. Currently, about 50% of all handsets worldwide are Android, with about 31% being iOS and the rest being 'other'.

They trade off of other people's laziness. They do the same things with gaming consoles - PC gaming is better in just about every way, yet consoles are designed to be played from the comfort of slumped on a sofa.

As a result, you get crap graphics on low-powered processors, with overly-simple control maps that work very poorly with half the games out there and those maps further translate very dysmally to PC, meaning a half-crap game on a shitty console is fucking dire on PC.

Even now, people are disregarding decent high-performance laptops in favour of lightweight models that can be lazed with on yer couch.

Admitedly i have a ps3 but i have a really powerful pc that can play any game maxed out but the ps3 just seems more appropriate if you have friends over and is good for a blu ray player in the front room =P. I dont play games on the pc very often though as i made it for work and its nice to sit on the ps3 away from the computer as it is my work tool.

As for macs i think they are so expensive mostly because of the brand name and people will pay it to have that little apple logo light up on their laptop so the world knows they paid a fortune for it. That said they do tend to put good components together and they do work well as the os takes less power to run compared to win 7 but the main thing that bugs me is most people in my industry feel they have to have a mac as its media related =S yet most of the top feature films actually use pc's! Go figure.

I have a megadrive classics game for my Xbox with 40 mega drive games on.

yea, and i bet every one of them are shit. :hah:

Haha, yeah compared to today's standards, but it's

all for the nostalgia, Shinobi & Street's of rage are

well addictive. The Megadrive was the first ever

games console I got for myself.

I was never into computer games, but I remember getting hooked on my sons Jeremy McGraths Motocross. After a few weeks of building tracks and upping the spec of my bike, I declared to my wife. "I'm great at this, I think I'll get a motocross bike"..."Dont talk shite" was her subtle reply :crazy:

I was never into computer games, but I remember getting hooked on my sons Jeremy McGraths Motocross. After a few weeks of building tracks and upping the spec of my bike, I declared to my wife. "I'm great at this, I think I'll get a motocross bike"..."Dont talk shite" was her subtle reply :crazy:

I think I remember that game.

seems more appropriate if you have friends over

That's what LAN parties and online gaming is for! :D

Haha, yeah compared to today's standards, but it's

all for the nostalgia,

Drag out yer Spectrum 48k and then we'll start talking nostalgia... Don't bother with the BBC, but Amiga, Atari, Amstrad and Commodore owners also welcome. Anyone who remembers Pong first coming out is an honoured guest!

zx spectrum sinclare ,? who had one of these babes.

My brother did! I used to love playing a game called Pippo - some bouncing hippo that you had to use to change colours of floor tiles. In fact, that's where my username comes from. Interesting fact, not... The resemblance to a bouncing hippo really is just overwhelming. ;-)

Anyway, still in my parents loft - along with the Mega Drive!

Space invaders .25cents a game at the arcade spent a small fortune. Commodor 64 with pong hours wasted.And the remote channel changer had a cord to the tv and rabbit ears.Why I don't know I think we only got 4 channels .1 phone in the house with a dial and a party line. And if some one hacked your personal info that ment they stole your mail or fileing cabinet.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online