1976 DT175C

Sacha
This post is 3463 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ya! :yeah: I'm super stoked, but haven't had time to finish her yet... been swamped with statistics and conference planning and work... and now the flu or some sh*t. :shakeno: But this definitely renewed my passion.

Left to do - replace the seal the shop buggered, new seat, refinish the tank - so close!!

Hey Sach, fancy getting over here to play with my turbo?... :P

Would love to play with your... turbo Foamy, yes. Be right there. :eusa_shifty:
  • Like 1

Ya! :yeah: I'm super stoked, but haven't had time to finish her yet... been swamped with statistics and conference planning and work... and now the flu or some sh*t. :shakeno: But this definitely renewed my passion.

Left to do - replace the seal the shop buggered, new seat, refinish the tank - so close!!

Would love to play with your... turbo Foamy, yes. Be right there. :eusa_shifty:

Sacha, your more likely to finish it than Foamy ever is :eusa_whistle:

• Like 1

:shakeno: What's up Foam's truth hurt

edit hey Foam's recognize this

I find that to be a tad hurtfull, i am nothing but respectfull to all our members, regardless of gender or hotness :)

• 2 months later...

Been 2 months any progress,you get permanent heat in the garrage?

Well... this semester has been kicking my ass! But the end is near. I've got a statistics test Tuesday and the semester will be done... I'm also working on a (possible) publication, and I lost a whole day last weekend recovering from a wine hangover after a black tie fundraiser. :eusa_whistle:

So as usual I haven't got much done. She runs but I've still got to sort the carb as she won't idle under 2K. I've got some longer vids, but never added them. I have a week vacation coming up and am going to get my ass in gear! :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Only 11 more months left in this year!Hows the tank looking,did you convince the hubby to do it,not like you need it now but the longer it hardes befor put to use the better .

No. He doesn't want to work when he's off the clock. Can't say that I blame him. Maybe he's hesitant because of what happened last time. The seat is all but done except a final fitting with the tank. I'll try to update better later so I can add some pics. I think it looks tight. :yeah:

• 1 month later...

Holy hell... it's been since January?! So... what have I been up to since then? Here's a little bit longer video of her running at 1500... couldn't get her to idle at less than that without her dying. So I ordered a carb kit and got that done. (Apologies for the shaky video and background music.)

Pedro got the hole in the seat all patched up nice...

seat_patch.jpg

only to find out I couldn't reach the ground. :shakeno: So he shaved the top two inches off the seat (damn near all the foam!) and put on some other foam.

seat_shaved.jpg

A quick mockup against the tank...

seat_mockup.jpg

Then it was time for some leather work...

seat02.jpg

seat03.jpg

And nearly done...

seat_complete.jpg

So... the tank has been a bit more painful I'm afraid. Mike got the old decals sanded off, the tank primered and repainted.

tank01.jpg

tank02.jpg

tank03.jpg

tank04.jpg

tank05.jpg

I took the new set of decals to a local sign shop and they laminated them in the hopes that they wouldn't bleed this time. Mike got the tank all wet-sanded again and we were all set to get the new set of decals on when I basically knocked the tank off the stand. :madflame: I'm still so sick with myself, it all happened in slow motion. Needless to say, my new nickname is butterfingers and Mike had to do some more body work. :shrug:

tank06.jpg

tank07.jpg

Anyway, the tank is done now, but I'm afraid with all the coats of paint we did, it ended up darker than the oil tank, but it's nothing you'd see from a galloping horse. :ssst:

tank08.jpg

dt_march01.jpg

I'll try to get better pics when I actually get her out for a ride! :)

So there we are. I still need to do some tuning, but she's damn near ready for this season. :hyper:

I also did some work on the little bike... cleaned up the steering stem bearings, replaced the fork seals, and got new tires. She's all set for another season.

g7s_march01.jpg

g7s_march02.jpg

g7s_march03.jpg

g7s_march04.jpg

Looking good sach, and welcome back

• Like 1

Thanks man. Things have been so busy lately. I don't know why I thought continuing on with grad school was a good idea. LOL

Hey ya I was just going to send you a PM and bug the crap outa you.

Good thing you didnt go with a repro seat cover then would have been a royal PITA to fit,so does this mean the 175 is ready to ride?

• Like 1

Bloody hell Sacha, you have been busy gal, cracking jobs you've done on both the bikes, bet you can't wait for the good weather, so you can get some use out of them.

Thanks Nev! You do such beautiful work yourself! I am ready to get out and ride! The weather here has been extraordinarly nice for March lately, but it was trying to snow again today. I think I've still got some electrical issues to sort out... but I'm nearly there.

So sorry to hear about the loss of your father. I cannot imagine! My heart goes out to you.

Hey DT502001! I was wondering when I'd hear from you... then I looked and saw how long it had been since my last post. Man, how time flies by me! It's a damn good thing I didn't get a reproduction seat cover... the center of the foam was shot anyway so I would've had to do something about that too. My man Pedro is awesome! He had that leather as a leftover from someone else's job so he really hooked me up. :) It's way nicer than the vinyl.

She's close to riding... only I haven't had her started since I got the tank installed and the carb kit done. Was going to do that last weekend, but the little bike had a flat. The shop who installed the new tires for me must have pinched the tube. So I had to patch that and get it reinstalled. Then my nephew got me sick. Mike keeps warning me to stop touching babies, but damn it, I keep doing it. When will I learn?! Hoping to get her tightened up and ride her this weekend. :)

Hey ya I was just going to send you a PM and bug the crap outa you.

Good thing you didnt go with a repro seat cover then would have been a royal PITA to fit,so does this mean the 175 is ready to ride?

Thanks man. Things have been so busy lately. I don't know why I thought continuing on with grad school was a good idea. LOL

It will be. My missus finished her nursing degree at uni last year and that was 3 years of hell for all of us, but worth it now, now it's over

• Like 1