RD400 f ,,,, found in basement

blackhat250
This post is 4484 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well " after a few exchange of words on facebook, My mate mike, tracked his RD400f , that he sold in 1985, still in great shape, all the mods

[ swingarm/ fork-brace/ Lc headlight,] are still on . The bike has a stan stephens tuned engine, Allspeeds . & lockheed front caliper,

All were fitted by him , the bike last ran 8 yrs ago, heres some pics, when we got it home,, we only dusted her down , :jossun:

P1000065.jpg

P1000066.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Its standard colour for that model, , Yeh and hes over the moon about the find, a bargain at £600. :eusa_whistle: . Exhausts are needing rechromed, , we"l try starting her tomorrow, This was a real giant killer back in the early eighty"s,, the tuned motor , went right off the speedo. mike says he out gunned Z650"s[ exept for top speed] Gs 550"s too, it realy handled [ Lc swinging/ mono-shock. fork brace, striaght bars,] made the swingarm conversion himself,

Kev " he has a KR1S 250 in the stable too. gonna be out next year, squires ,,,? :eusa_think: ,,,

Drewpy did ye get a dictionary for Xmas then?

Yeh foamy" imagine finding your old bike 27 years later, untouched , its exactly as he sold it, ,,,even the tyres, they seller stored it in a basement,, ,,

And merv " yip it was cheap,,, just because it was a sentimental thing, it won"t ever be sold again,, I even know the guy that bought it new, in 1981., all this came to light on facebook, amazing story, , i"l find pics of it then 1981 - then 1985 , when all mods were done,, :spin2:

1981 ,, New ,,,

384500_350926121588971_100000147571851_1635988_1659035269_n.jpg

John

I would love to seethe pics. and if tghe guy uses the net maybe he could share his story on the aircooled RD forum please , the guys would love to hear it

i had the rd250, it had pink wheels, and looked real GAY,

it was a girls down the road from me,she had fallen off it and shit her knickers,

so me being the gent i am ,jumped in and bought it from her,only thinking of her future health of coarse.

well it got sold on and if i had the chance to buy it back i would,

but for now the old mellow yellow meets my every need ,and it only cost me five hundred nicka.

A good story Blackie,,,,,,,,, with an even better ending

Good news is ,, we stripped carbs [,At week end,,] all jets ultrasonic "d . And shes Running like a good un, sounds real crisp,, , will post a video up after weekend, as too dark at nights ,, :jossun:

• 2 weeks later...

Yeh" been down at mikes" the Rd is running great,, got some old photo"s will post them up ,, heres one of his V4 lc ,, 1987 this was,,,

388298_293003337414407_100001142289979_808106_1108354345_n.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online