FINALLY! DRINKS ALL ROUND!

iSoupz
This post is 4646 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Passed my Module 1 test! It's not the greatest achievement in the world and I'm outdone by a guy who just posted that he just passed his whole test, but y'know! Still worth celebrating me thinks.

So, huzzah!

One step close to riding my XJ600. :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Congratulations soupz one step further toward that goal m8 B)

Congratulations soupz one step further toward that goal m8 B)

Congrats Soupz, well done :eusa_clap:

well done that man, good luck with the next part,

and well done to the other gay guy who passed the lot.bloody good show for a single weekend..:thumb:

@Up.Yours: Cheers! I'll need all the luck that I can get. Although, I've been told Mod 2 is the easiest of the two, so maybe I'll be okay?! Haha.

@Drewpy: Why thank you. And but of course. Tomato is the way forward! Some french baguette and maybe some cheese if you're feeling adventurous!

Congratz!!! If you passed module 1, you'll pass module 2! It's just like going for a ride! Remember to look around everywhere everytime you move off and do all the usual checks when you move lanes etc. Oh and if you don't hear him right and go the wrong way it doesnt matter either. I thought id failed when i nearly went left when he wanted me to go right but didnt pick up anything for it, quite rightly really.

@up.yours it was a morning infaxt. Mod 1 at 9:30 and mod 2 at 11:10. :)

Passed my Module 1 test! It's not the greatest achievement in the world and I'm outdone by a guy who just posted that he just passed his whole test, but y'know! Still worth celebrating me thinks.

So, huzzah!

One step close to riding my XJ600. :D

Well done :)

Good luck with the Mod 2

@AndyDtr08: Cheers! I'm not sure about the whole test. I watched a Mod 2 YouTube video and the guy on the bike kept making random lifesavers everytime he'd pass a parked car etc - that's not really needed, is it? I've never done that.

@Neversaydie: Thank you and Cheers. Haha.

@Blackhat: Thanking you kindly.

@AndyDtr08: Cheers! I'm not sure about the whole test. I watched a Mod 2 YouTube video and the guy on the bike kept making random lifesavers everytime he'd pass a parked car etc - that's not really needed, is it? I've never done that.

@Neversaydie: Thank you and Cheers. Haha.

@Blackhat: Thanking you kindly.

If you're changing your lane or position in the road, you want to look whichever side you're going to moving. If you don't there could easily be someone in your blind spot. Another biker, a cyclist, a racoon.....i duno but you need to check either way. If you're going past parked cars then i would guess you would have to change your road positioning at minimum maybe even have to use the other side of the road so you'll need to check.

It's all about your observations, they want to see that you are aware that there are hazards all around you when riding and that you can stay aware of them. Life savers on roundabouts are the big one aswell. Have you had lessons?

If you're changing your lane or position in the road, you want to look whichever side you're going to moving. If you don't there could easily be someone in your blind spot. Another biker, a cyclist, a racoon.....i duno but you need to check either way. If you're going past parked cars then i would guess you would have to change your road positioning at minimum maybe even have to use the other side of the road so you'll need to check.

It's all about your observations, they want to see that you are aware that there are hazards all around you when riding and that you can stay aware of them. Life savers on roundabouts are the big one aswell. Have you had lessons?

Yeah, the blind spots and stuff I know about - in this video, it was just parked cars with no junctions or turnings after them which is what confused me. Might send them a message on facebook. Hmm.

I've not had lessons etc, but I've been riding for a year now. I know to check my mirrors, do my lifesavers, know my riding positions and all that stuff so I don't think I'll need the lessons with any luck - that's what I'm hoping anyways!

Yeah, the blind spots and stuff I know about - in this video, it was just parked cars with no junctions or turnings after them which is what confused me. Might send them a message on facebook. Hmm.

I've not had lessons etc, but I've been riding for a year now. I know to check my mirrors, do my lifesavers, know my riding positions and all that stuff so I don't think I'll need the lessons with any luck - that's what I'm hoping anyways!

hmmmm, i would have to say go with lessons. I was told by people not to and to just go for it, if i fail it do it again and it will be cheaper. Yeah ok, you could take the test a number of times and keep failing til you do it and it might be cheaper. But like the car test, its a performance. You ride differently on the road and there are certain things that you can gain from the lessons that you wouldnt have otherwise. The knowledge from your instructor. He may know the roads they will take you on for the test and be able to show you any tricky bits and explain.

I had ridden since the day of my 16th birthday on the road and i did my test a month after my 21st. So 5 years of continuous riding, but i still went with a 3 day intensive course. Are you doing your A1 license or your DAS? I had to go with the training school as i wanted to do DAS and needed to use their 650 bikes to obtain the full unrestricted license. Once you've booked your test, give us a shout and i can go through all the stuff i can remember that might trip you up.

hmmmm, i would have to say go with lessons. I was told by people not to and to just go for it, if i fail it do it again and it will be cheaper. Yeah ok, you could take the test a number of times and keep failing til you do it and it might be cheaper. But like the car test, its a performance. You ride differently on the road and there are certain things that you can gain from the lessons that you wouldnt have otherwise. The knowledge from your instructor. He may know the roads they will take you on for the test and be able to show you any tricky bits and explain.

I had ridden since the day of my 16th birthday on the road and i did my test a month after my 21st. So 5 years of continuous riding, but i still went with a 3 day intensive course. Are you doing your A1 license or your DAS? I had to go with the training school as i wanted to do DAS and needed to use their 650 bikes to obtain the full unrestricted license. Once you've booked your test, give us a shout and i can go through all the stuff i can remember that might trip you up.

Fair enough, thanks for the advice. Will have to look at booking some.

Um, I'm not doing the A1, I'm just doing the standard A (don't want a full license and then still be stuck riding a 125 still) so I'll just have to restrict my 600 when I pass.

Awesome, thanks. I'll definitely take you up on that. I'll be booking it next month I imagine, as I don't even get paid until the end of this month.

Always get lessons.

My ex tried it without and despite several years of 125ing around, she kept failing.

I was taught by an ex-police instructor and learned so many little tips and things that you'd never learn without training. Passed my test in the heavy rain, during the busy traffic of an insane student town.

Lifesavers are just that.

When you move out for the parked car, there may well be something about to overtake. It can and does happen and I was surprised when I experienced this first-hand. Never saw the bike as he'd come blazing up in my rear blind spot. He'd seen the parked cars and had moved out well before me. As I made my right Lifesaver, he chose that moment to race past and overtake.

First I even knew of it was when I heard the "HHOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNnnnnnnnn" as he went past!!!

You'll find riding in Central London, usually at slower speeds, that a LOT more people sneak around in yoru blind spots. From cyclists to office girlie pink 'Ped riders, even to Scooterman drivers and bike couriers all nip in wherever there's a gap, usually where you can't see them until it's too late.