Has Spring, sprung in the UK?

DirtyDT
This post is 4795 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

9 members have voted

1. 1. Has Spring sprung in the UK

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know, I don't live in the UK

There was a sight of an orange ball over the UK today. So here is a poll. The question is; Has Spring sprung in the UK?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Aye dirty " its been great up here last 10 days , 10/11 degree"s. was out on bike yest , and wasn"t cold,, daffodils peaking up . birds whistling, day-light at 6 35. on clear mornings ,,

clock shift in 3 weeks ,,,,B)

N/E 12 Mls from coast. south of Aberdeen 20mls North of dundee , been great weather all week, bikes a plenty out now, B)

Good stuff. Just over a year ago I was on holiday at Loch Less and went up to Inverness a few times. Beautiful part of the World.

I have seen some more bikes out this week. The last few Months there have been times I have not seen more than 3 bikes out, including my own. It has been cold though! Looking forward to a great ride to work tomorrow. Yeeeee Haaaaaaa.

yes it has, went up to rivington barn today a bikers haunt have been many times but never seen as many bikes as today 4-500 bikes at least,felt sorry for a girl who whilst trying to find some where to park dropped her bike in front of everbody very red faced when she removed her helmet.

yesterday was up OGs part of the world the peaks the cat and fiddle thick mist and freezing what a difference 24hrs makes.

that's OG turning off his heating already!!

aye they are hardy buggers them local people from royston vasey. :lol:

Well, in my part of the world the weather has held. A little frost on the bike cover this morning but warm enough for the leather and just a work shirt underneath. The sun was low in a couple of places but it was visible all the way to work. The roads were dry with only one nice long roundabout diesel slick (I am surprised they can afford it). No real cross winds to batter me and the bike clean and oiled after the weekend check over. Same for tomorrow the forecast says but Wednesday looks dodgy!

I noticed that, for the first time in about 4 months, I felt justified in dropping my inner sun visor.

Other than that, just the usual ride to work...

There was a sight of an orange ball over the UK today. So here is a poll. The question is; Has Spring sprung in the UK?

Whoooaaa! bit premature. Tortoise still in hibernation, when he comes out , winters over ;)

The sun was low in a couple of places but it was visible all the way to work.

Lucky sod the only time i get sun riding to work is for about 10 days around midsummers day :( , mind i am riding to work at like 4am :huh:

Whoooaaa! bit premature. Tortoise still in hibernation, when he comes out , winters over ;)

You aren't that far North of me and it was fab today. Are you sure the tortoise hasn't done a runner ( ;) ) and hasn't substituted a meat pie in its place?

Lucky sod the only time i get sun riding to work is for about 10 days around midsummers day :( , mind i am riding to work at like 4am :huh:

Ah yeh, but there is something very nice about riding at that time of the morning. I don't know if it is the smell (If you know what I mean?) of that time of the morning or how very dark it gets just before dawn. It always reminds me of riding down to the ferry to get a boat to France :D .

You aren't that far North of me and it was fab today. Are you sure the tortoise hasn't done a runner ( ;) ) and hasn't substituted a meat pie in its place?

Ah yeh, but there is something very nice about riding at that time of the morning. I don't know if it is the smell (If you know what I mean?) of that time of the morning or how very dark it gets just before dawn. It always reminds me of riding down to the ferry to get a boat to France :D .

I'm keeping my heating on till he pops his head out. One swallow doesn't make a summer (or spring). Dont chuck your winter woolies away yet :)

Light at 7am, still light @ 6pm = spring for me :) Oh, and the conservatory no longer keeps my beer cold :(

..................Oh, and the conservatory no longer keeps my beer cold :(

Mine is already starting to get sweltering at times.

It has been a good biking week so far. I just wish my ability was up to the same standard as my tyres. Almost came a cropper during the week throwing the bike into a roundabout. Tyres held fine, I just didn't need to lean as much and dropped in too quickly. Lucky the bike is tolerant to my riding style. I did get the "cold sweats" though :o

It's still bloody freezing in the south! I only got my bike in February this year (not the best time to start off, I know) and since then I've had very few beautiful days to enjoy riding it. Except that one week just after my battery died when it was bloody lovely! Nothing but rain and wind this past week though. Still at least it's warming up gradually.. got to stay optimistic.

It's still bloody freezing in the south! I only got my bike in February this year (not the best time to start off, I know) and since then I've had very few beautiful days to enjoy riding it. Except that one week just after my battery died when it was bloody lovely! Nothing but rain and wind this past week though. Still at least it's warming up gradually.. got to stay optimistic.

Every day without ice or snow is a beautiful day to ride. Just throw a thicker jumper on :)

Every day without ice or snow is a beautiful day to ride. Just throw a thicker jumper on :)

Haha, well you are talking to a Spaniard. Not that the cold stops me from riding, but what I'd do for a full day of sunshine in this part of the world once in a while!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online