Foamy has a new ride!

wild foamy
This post is 5169 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Heya peeps!.

ive gone and got myself a 1990 yamaha XJ600 from the loverly Janie, will get some pictures as soon as it gets light outside.

runs sweet as a nut but in need of a new battery, cant wait to thrash it around :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well Done WF! :thumb: ....Finally got yourself a BigBoy Bike! :lol:

Just pullin' yer leg mate :D

Really hard to beat the reliability of an XJ.....Nice One! ;)

Well done stevey" welcome to the bigger side of biking , u"l love it , no more struggle to keep up with them "cagers" ,,

Go easy for a start , get familiar with the XJ. U"l find u carry more speed into corners than ur used to, That" s where it can go wrongblink.gif ,, hang loose for a,start.

And i notice u have a thing for the older birds ehbiggrin.gif , take it goff not flavour of the month now"

I hope you have as much fun on her as I did Steve. There's a lot of good memories that go with that bike and I know she's gone to a good home. Me and the old gal go a long way so be kind to her and she'll give you as many smiles as she did to me :D

Well done Stevie :D

A Foamy nice choice ! cool.gif

This is a good touring bike, --- might you be going for a wee trip question.gif

today was eventful, managed to flood it this morning but after a bit of persuasion she started, and f*ck me what a bike!, found a quiet corner of camp and gave it a bit of stick and its sure got a lot more poke than my DT, very pleasing exhaust note with that motad 4-1 system.

would like the idea of touring, its got potential and im sure some, gave it a good wash and wax this morning and all that needs doing is the grab-rail where the paint has flaked off and a couple of rust spots on the tank, but for a 20 year old bike its to be expected.

also on the look out for a cheap stainless steel screw set to tart the new girl up a bit, maybe a set of engine bars if a set comes along, i will try and keep this one unmolested :)

camera is u/s, so will have to borrow a mates camera some time and get some snaps.

always did prefer the older women... and no blackhat, Goff will always have a special place in my heart ;)

picked up a tin of hammerite and engine block paint to tidy up the grabrail, footrests and engine head, looking absolutely mint now! :D.

aiming to be road legal by the end of next month, can't wait its going to be absolutely mint XD, anyone fancy a rideout some time?

• 4 weeks later...

Well done Foamy, Great lil' bike. Mine's spinning round the Cotswoldds now (thanks for the battery info Drewpy). I took the front fairing off to get some bugs in me teeth, I laugh as I zoom about. Need some better rubber on it as it skitters on these delightful roads at the mo. Reminds me of my RD200 handling when I was a teenager, hold on tight!